I could use some words of wisdom with this one. I had the OTA link for the IM+ software (http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=849&n=IM%2B%3A-AIM%2F-iChat%2C-MSN%2F-Live-Messenger%2C-Yahoo!%2C-ICQ%2C-Jabber%2C-Google-Talk-and-MySpace) and initiated the download / install. I use Aerize Card Loader 2008 (http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=18931&n=Aerize-Card-Loader-2008---SD-card-install-utility) and had the software saved/installed there.

At some point during the install (I had noted that the download bar got to the end so I assume it was installing) my phone began displaying nothing but the white screen and the "mouse" in the middle of the display (which by the way is in the shape of the current theme I am using).

The sequence is this: White screen on for 10 seconds > Blank screen, red LED on for 10 seconds > No screen/LED for 5 seconds. This cycle continues as long as the battery is in it.

Is there a hardware reset of some kind that I can perform? I'd appreciate a hand here - thanks.
    07-14-08 12:34 PM
    Well I know when adding an app or any software your phone will show the bar you're referring and also the hour glass(mouse) when an app/software is being added to your phone... Basically pulling the battery does a hard reset...maybe once the battery is reinserted it's still trying to load the software you've originally chosen.

Hopefully someone else can help you out with this particular problem as I would assume that pulling the battery would correct this problem

Shelly
    07-14-08 12:53 PM
    See if you can plug your phone in and remove the app through app loader. If not, you are going to have to wipe and reload your OS. And get a refund for IM+. In my opinion it's a horrible and buggy app. You aren't the first person to install IM+ only for it to brick their phone. You'd be better off with Beejive IM.
    07-14-08 12:56 PM
    Shell - I've pulled and re-inserted the battery a handful of times, while plugged into my computer (to retain power) and not plugged into my computer. Regardless, I unfortunately see the same results.

Sunkast - thanks for the IM tip! I would love to get the oppurtunity to use the app loader, but regardless of it being plugged into my computer, the behavior of it is exactly the same - it keeps resetting and isn't accessible for more than a few seconds .
    Last edited by tzman; 07-14-08 at 02:16 PM.
    07-14-08 01:53 PM
    What if you leave the battery out then connect the BB?
    07-14-08 02:25 PM
    Good idea but I tried that - I simply get a "no battery" icon on the display .

I was just told there is hardware hard-reset button inside the phone. Has anyone heard of this or know where to get more information on that possibility?
    07-14-08 06:21 PM
    i had the same problem!! with the same program
    and i had to call blackberry help thingy and they gace me a program that rest my blackberry completely :|
    07-14-08 11:18 PM
    So there IS a way to resurect my phone?? Does anyone know what the "blackberry help thingy" number is that beto is referring to??
    07-15-08 12:12 PM
    Try connecting your phone to your computer and use Blackberry Desktop Manager. Then remove the application you installed from Application Loader. Your phone does not need to be on to be able to connect to the computer. After you do that, do a battery pull and tell me what happens.
    07-15-08 02:00 PM
    I think he means when connected it's not allowing him to access the DM to uninstall the app .... though I'm only assuming this...
    07-15-08 02:03 PM
    So there IS a way to resurect my phone?? Does anyone know what the "blackberry help thingy" number is that beto is referring to??
    Probably Blackberry itself...I've called them once and they're very, very helpful...though I had to call the canada number...thank gosh for unlimited long distance
    07-15-08 02:05 PM
    07-15-08 02:21 PM
    Steven seems to be onto something - wohooo!! After reading the article (or Lecture) and reading the exact symptoms that I have had, and the words "can be fixed" after them..... I got giddy.

I'm going to go pick up my phone from Sprint, where I took it thinking they could fix it (wrong), and attempt this later tonight. I will post my results on this thread (and am going to contact the article author to put in some more keywords so searchs like mine pick up the article! )
    07-15-08 04:34 PM
    Houston, we have lift-off!

What did I do?
    Short version - I took SRPlummer's (Steve's) advice and went here http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry.

Long version - I used the BB Desktop Manager "App Loader" (commonly located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) to bail me out! Once I launched the program and clicked Next, I plugged in my Pearl until I saw USB:<MYBB-PIN#>, and immediately clicked "Next" (otherwise, it would reset again and I'd lose USB connection). To my relief, the phone stopped resetting, and I was once again in control of it.

From there, I loaded up the OS and what applications I chose to load (practically nothing to begin with) and voila. She booted up with no problem, and I'm activating it now. Once that's done, I'll perform a restore of some of the settings and apps that I want, and I'm done. Hurray!!

I also emailed the Kevin Michaluk, author of the lecture about Nuked Blackberry restores, and asked he add some keywords into the article so it's a little easier to find for the poor souls that this happens to in the future .

I appreciate everyone's suggestions to me about how to attack this problem, very much. Thanks!
    07-15-08 08:16 PM
    Glad the people of Crackberry could be of assistance!
    07-16-08 05:45 AM
    OK, i followed everything and it loads the OS, but when it waits for device initialation, my phone starts rebooting over and over again and it wont connect. I have also tried to use jl commander and it doesnt work either.

Any more thoughts or ideas?
    11-23-08 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD