Ok so i installed the newest OS from Alltel. I can send pictures and videos just fine. and i can also recieve Videos, but i cannot recieve pictures, does this make sense to anyone? Any help would be appreciated. I searched for other threads but didnt come across this same problem. I seen where people couldnt send/recieve period, but i can send and recieve video and send pictures , just cant recieve pictures. For example My sister is on alltel and she can send me pictures. but my gf cant send me a picture shes on verizon. Thanks again in advance
    12-28-08 09:42 PM
    Not sure but I think it might have to do with Alltel not having MMS, while Verizon has MMS.
    12-28-08 09:46 PM
    Not sure but I think it might have to do with Alltel not having MMS, while Verizon has MMS.
    Alltell has MMS. Verizon doesn't have MMS on devices which do not have a camera.

I would have your carrier resend service books.
    12-28-08 09:54 PM
    This happens to me; it takes about a week to receive a picture unless I resend my service books every time I know someone has sent one. I can't find any solution to the problem and neither can AllTel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 10:45 PM
    That's crazy. I have an 8130 and an 8330 through Alltel. I have no problems with MMS. Go to Options/ Advanced Options/ MMS. Make sure Multimedia Reception: Always. Also, under Message Filtering, make sure NOTHING is checked.

12-28-08 10:54 PM
    i appreciate your help. It just bugs the heck out of me, because i can send pictures and videos, but i can only recieve videos from my gf, but not pictures >.< alltel ftL >.<
    12-29-08 02:13 AM
    Try going to options. advanced options. Host routing. Hit your menu key. And select register now. This will resend your service books. You might have to do a battery pull as well. Good luck

12-29-08 01:35 PM
    Couple edits for clarity:

Try going to options. advanced options. Host routing table. Press enter. Hit your menu key. And select register now. This will resend your service books. You might have to do a battery pull as well. Good luck

12-29-08 01:57 PM
    I too have a 8130 from Alltel. Sometimes I don't get MMS messages, so I tell everyone to email me their photos.

I have LOTS of problems with my SMS texts though. I call and ask Alltel and all they can tell me is to remove the battery for 2 minutes. But that doesn't always fix the problem. I don't receive my SMS text 80% of the time AND they randomly get deleted without me manually doing it. I have my settings to hold like 40 messages... I dunno!
    12-29-08 02:09 PM
    Stephyv. Sounds like you have low memory. Search on here how to optimize your free memory. It willl help you a lot in not losing texts and other messages. If you don't have os 4.5 you will have a hard time with getting mms. The new os fixes a lot of bugs with alltel. It also is nicer on the memory leak issues. Good luck

Last edited by outlaw644; 12-30-08 at 01:13 PM.
    12-30-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD