My phone has been randomly power cycling on its own the past several weeks. I tried updating the OS through the mac dm that was leaked but it could not complete the update. Could that be the reason?

I took it to a Verizon store and on rep said it was turning on and off by itself because it was power cycling and updating the OS wouldn't help. Another rep at the same store said I should try updating my phone again.

I have tried updating it on several different computers (macs and pcs) and it fails to update after backing everything up. It says there's an error.

any ideas on what to do? My phone is out of manufacturer warranty

help please!
    09-28-09 03:08 PM
    Did you try wiping the phone completely using jm_cmder or another simular program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 12:58 PM
    i haven't tried that... can i wipe through the security menu or should i try a program to do it?
    09-29-09 02:10 PM
    Back everything up, if you can, using Desktop Manager. Make sure you have a copy of the latest OS on a Mac or PC.

Then wipe it using either JL_CMDER (do a search for it), or search for CrackMem. Might be easier to use CrackMem. You want to bring it all the way down, wiping it via the device won't do the trick.

The reload the operating system, and restore from the backup you were hopefully able to do.
    09-29-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD