ive been toying with different settings on my Pearl

As of last night i went into the setting for Even Log
    and unchecked all Items. What ive seen is that my memory is more stable and doesn't drop down as fast as before from all the events of the pograms logging.

Still checking for any issues of doing this, but from what ive seen is it's just a log for developers so i don't find it very useful to be activated for a consumer..

to Access event Log hold ALT and Press LGLG

go to options and scroll down and uncheck all items then do a battery pull

from within the last 24hrs it went from 18-17 rather than 18-12 so far it seems to run better than before.

Please if others have done this and found problems please let us know
    05-11-09 11:40 AM
    Just changed all of the settings on my pearl to try this also. Will report back with my findings as well. Seems like a good idea to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 12:01 PM
    Have done this for about a month, and has worked well. Check periodically the setting for the event log to make sure it is stilled checked. Had my pearl reboot and it went back to original settings.
    05-11-09 01:24 PM
    been running myspace, yahoo im and aim, along with texts and internet about and im down to 15k seems to be less of a strain but more stable
    05-11-09 01:33 PM
    Doesn't seem to be going down as fast but still going down. Does seem more stable though I agree.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 04:38 PM

to Access event Log hold ALT and Press LGLG
    Wow! What a nube I am. Where is ALT?
    05-11-09 09:28 PM
    Wow! What a nube I am. Where is ALT?
    Bottom Left Button with the White Arrow
    05-12-09 09:09 AM
    See the problem is that you're just hiding the event log, it will still continue to log. Just cause you can't see the log anymore, doesn't mean it's not logging. This subject has come up in the past and verified that it will contine to log unless removed from the OS completely...
    05-12-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD