I have a Balckberry 8130 and was wondering if it is possible to get the internet to work through my BB to work on my computer? I have Sprint as a service provider.
    10-26-09 08:11 PM
    Yes, the term to use is Tethering, and is partly covered in the owner's manual and a couple dozen threads, at least.

Here is the results of a quick Search on the subject.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-26-09 at 10:00 PM.
    10-26-09 09:53 PM
    Just call Sprint and ask them how much they charge for tethering... probably would be around $30 unless its part of those everything plans sprint has
    10-26-09 10:02 PM
    There is also check out tetherberry.com. It's around 50 bucks or so but it's a one time fee and many people say it works great and it's fast.
    10-27-09 04:13 AM
    TetherBerry is a very good program. It costs about 4 times what it shoud do, imo but it does have a major feature that may hel you avoid paying your carrier tethering charges.

The TetherBerry PC internet connection goes out on the same IP port as your phone uses for internet. This fools the carrier into thinking that you are only browsing the internet on your phone and not actually tethering.

Since most carriers specificlly block tethering by switching off the regular and assigned tethering IP port being able to do this is a major advantage for TetherBerry.

It is also very easy to set up.
    10-27-09 04:21 AM
    Yes, the term to use is Tethering, and is partly covered in the owner's manual and a couple dozen threads, at least.

Here is the results of a quick Search on the subject.

+1

10-27-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD