Hi,

I've had my Pearl (8130) for about 3 months and I hadn't had any issues with it - until this past weekend... Since it's a hand me down, the warranty time has passed by and I don't have insurance from my carrier...

Here are the things that it's doing:
    1. When I power it off, I can't power it back on without taking the battery out which intitiates the re-start.
    2. Once it's on, it randomly starts running programs - calendar (new appointment window pops up), edit appointment window pops up randomly and my address book is running in the background so that when I close these other windows, my address book is showing.
    3. The other thing that I noticed over the weekend is that the keyboard would lock without prompting and the screen saver mode never kicks in. The screen stays fully lit until I power it off.

I think I can trace back the problems to right after I updated my roaming capabilities with Verizon, but I just updated them again, powered it down, took out the battery and tried to re-start in the hopes that it might be fixed that easily. That didn't work.

I've also removed some applications so that I have enough memory and that hasn't made a difference.

I'm thinking about wiping it out, but I'm not sure if there's something else I can do first...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    08-11-08 02:26 PM
    Do you have Linda Blair's phone number?
    08-11-08 02:30 PM
    No, but I feel like Linda Blair! My head's been spinning for two days now!
    08-11-08 02:33 PM
    No, but I feel like Linda Blair! My head's been spinning for two days now!
    LOL!

I'm not too sure what to do here, but someone will help you shortly. Good luck!
    08-11-08 02:37 PM
    By this point, I would have just reinstalled the OS (or upgraded).
    08-11-08 02:41 PM
    When is your last backup you made with DesktopManager?

I would wipe your device and then restore from backup...
    08-11-08 02:44 PM
    Thanks for the feedback! I backed it up last night and was hoping that maybe there was another option besides wiping it. Guess I'll give that a try!
    08-11-08 03:30 PM
    Good Luck!
    08-11-08 10:25 PM
    Hi everyone,

Well... It's still possessed! I wiped it last night and the darn thing is still possessed. It won't power on unless I take the battery out and when it does come back on, the screen stays lit constantly.

I don't think it's a result of water damage; as I've been very careful about not having it near the water.

I think I've decided that it's going to need an exorcism and am going to give up unless someone out there has any other ideas!

Thanks for the feedback!
    08-12-08 09:03 AM
    I would wonder if the previous owner had spilled some soda or something on the keyboard, it sure seems like it could be a defective keyboard. I believe those are replacable tho.
    08-12-08 09:39 AM
    Sounds like a button or the trackball is stuck.
    08-12-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD