So as I was getting my son out of the car last night, the magnet (weak one I might add) separated and my silver vzw Pearl 8130 fell on the driveway. now, I know the saying 'women dig scars' (something like that) but I'm pretty sure they're not talking about wounds on your BB. I've already ordered an OtterBox defender case, yellow FTW!

I know that you can get battery covers here, and elsewhere. My question is, what about the sides? The sweet chrome-like finish has a couple gashes in them, and I'm not sure if they're replaceable. Could I search ebay and find some, or are they not meant to be replaced?

It may seem like I'm a little obsessive, but this minor annoyance is bugging me. I try to keep my gadgets nice and pristine, so when something like this happens it tends to drive me nuts. Does that sound crazy?

Here's a shot of the cover, it's hard to see but there are a few spots on there that are actually scrates/divots.:

Last edited by schagg; 05-02-08 at 09:19 AM.
    05-02-08 09:14 AM
    2, 3, then 4.

Matters what the damage is.

schagg welcome back Demonoid!!!
    05-02-08 09:18 AM
    05-02-08 09:31 AM
    Here are your chrome sides.
    BLACKBERRY PEARL 8100 CHROME SIDE STRIPS COVER HOUSING - eBay (item 320245607466 end time May-04-08 22:25:01 PDT)
    oops. those are 8100's.
    You can get battery covers anywhere pretty much

You rock! thanks.
    05-02-08 09:33 AM
    You rock! thanks.
    Those are the wrong ones. I fixed the link in the post above yours.
    05-02-08 09:55 AM
    im upset.
    omg did that just happen is my reaction.
    but im amazed but my pearl has held up very well to some hard concreate smashing drops
    05-02-08 10:00 AM
    Those are the wrong ones. I fixed the link in the post above yours.
    good thing I haven't pulled the trigger yet. thanks again.
    05-02-08 10:08 AM
    i love my otterbox, all black.
    search my posts, i gave a hands on review on it, with a couple things not covered in the CB review.

if i where you i'd upgrade to the seidio 1250 battery, and a larger memory card (if you dont already have a 4+gig card now that is).

negating the need to ever open the otterbox, which can be a slight pita.

cheers
    05-02-08 10:47 AM
    i love my otterbox, all black.
    search my posts, i gave a hands on review on it, with a couple things not covered in the CB review.

if i where you i'd upgrade to the seidio 1250 battery, and a larger memory card (if you dont already have a 4+gig card now that is).

negating the need to ever open the otterbox, which can be a slight pita.

cheers

I'll look into the battery when I save up some gum money.

also, nic pic down with the cylons!
    05-02-08 10:57 AM
    OMGGGGGGGGGG!! I could insert a slew of not so pretty choice words here. Tonight I get out of my car and I'm standing on the sidewalk talking to a neighbor. My Pearl was in the magnetic sleeve that comes with it; included headset was in my ear.

I'm trying to maneuver some things in my hand when the berry slips. I see it hurdling to the ground and I yank on the wire to the headset to attempt to pull it back up towards me. Didnt work or I wasnt fast enough. It hit the ground.

Now, I have a scratch on the top right corner of the housing and some ugly scratches on the chrome above the volume button.

I'm so heated right now I dont know what to do with myself. I checked the National Network Cellular site to see if they have the housing for the Sprint 8130 (Red) and they dont.

They did have the housing for AT&T; but somewhere on their site I read not to use a GSM housing for a CDMA phone.

So my problem- anyone know where I can get the housing for my baby? The scratches WILL bug me until I get a housing or replacement 'cause I'm anal like that.
    05-22-08 08:30 PM
    I hear ya! I'm the same way...some call it anal I tell them to kiss my @#S!!! My pearl and curve are still MINT...HE HE!!!You can find replacement parts online just do a search and make sure the parts you get are for your model.
    05-22-08 10:40 PM
    I have been searching online; but have yet to find anything that specifically says its for the Sprint Pearl 8130. I dont mind spending money, but I'm not going to do that if I cant be sure what I am buying is what I need.

Since GSM housings cant be used on CDMA phones, does anyone know if the Verizon housing will work for Sprints 8130 Pearl? Although I pretty much would rather have it in red.

All helpful replies appreciated.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 05-22-08 at 11:18 PM.
    05-22-08 11:13 PM
    Cases are for old people.

And Sprint has a pretty attractive clear case if you haaaaave a case!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 11:51 PM
    Well my loved pearl has a minor scratch on the chrome and a chip in my new skinit and the back doesn't feel quite right but I embrace its flaws bc they happened last week when I was robbed and me and my pearl both hit the ground, everything else I had was taken from me when the ***** stole my purse!
    05-23-08 12:29 AM
    i've dropped mine a couple times. i promised myself i wouldn't because my past phones have looked like they've been blown up from me dropping them so much but the gel skin case i have protected it perfectly. no scratches on phone or case!

does dropping it shake it up and mess up anything internally? that's what i'm most afraid of
    05-23-08 08:54 AM
    I laugh and wonder if i'll have to order another phone this year.

I think I,m on phone number 5 or was it 6?

05-27-08 02:17 PM
    I put mine in a clear case and while the case has some battle scars my berry is mint! I dropped mine once and taught the neighbor kids a couple of new words.

05-27-08 02:24 PM
    Exactly what I do! I think I went through like 4 pocket pc 6700's or whatever! I am big time harsh on my phones!

I laugh and wonder if i'll have to order another phone this year.

I think I,m on phone number 5 or was it 6?

05-27-08 06:17 PM
    i generally cry.
    05-27-08 06:40 PM
    I giggle. Then I stare at my wonderful, yellow, Otterbox-clad pearl and giggle some more...
    05-27-08 07:19 PM
    i would cry.
    05-27-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD