I am not able to install any games or themes that I get from this site at all. I follow the instructions and try to install them via the desktop manager, but it continously tells me that "there are no additional applications for your device". These are all programs that ARE compatible with the 8130 and have been confirmed as working by others!

I have also tried downloading games directly from wap.mobile9.com and it always says "Download failed" if it's a theme or game or anything.

I would really like to be able to put some games or cool themes on my phone but I have no idea why I am having so many problems.
    Last edited by spunXtain; 07-07-09 at 07:47 PM.
    07-07-09 07:37 PM
    Try the battery pull first off, you may not have enough available resources on the phone to do it. Pearl's are apparently HORRID on memory and installing more then a small handful of aftermarket apps on them dramtically changes the ability to operate the phone even for basic calling.

If all else fails you could try to reset the phone back to factory state, I can't remember how to do it, but I have done it to mine several times accidentally durring OS updates and what not...

If it's new enough, you can call the carrier and raise your voice at them..
    07-08-09 08:42 AM
    what's the battery pull?
    08-09-09 04:39 PM
    I doubt the size of the available resources is the problem. I just downloaded the newest OS for 8120 and I have 16MB free, and I get the same error message when trying to load the themes through the app loader on Desktop Manager. I can download OTA themes fine, but not through the app loader.

I even tried adding them to the blackberry.alx file along with the rest of the themes (I've unlocked the other carriers themes already) and it still gives me that same error message "No additional applications designed for your device were found." I got this message with 4.3 and 4.5 OS.
    08-09-09 04:49 PM
    What DM are you using? I can't use anything above DM 4.6 to get themes, updates anything onto my Pearl 8130
    08-09-09 05:16 PM
    Desktop Manager is Version 4.3.0.15
    08-09-09 05:26 PM
    I am using 4.3.0.17.
    08-09-09 06:10 PM
    I am not able to install any games or themes that I get from this site at all. I follow the instructions and try to install them via the desktop manager, but it continously tells me that "there are no additional applications for your device". These are all programs that ARE compatible with the 8130 and have been confirmed as working by others!

I have also tried downloading games directly from wap.mobile9.com and it always says "Download failed" if it's a theme or game or anything.

I would really like to be able to put some games or cool themes on my phone but I have no idea why I am having so many problems.
    There is your clue, you do not have the correct combination of software installed.

There are two BlackBerry packages. The first is the BlackBerry Desktop Manger which it appears is correctly installed.

Second, you will need to download and install a copy of your device OS software. Once that is installed, the message will clear and you can continue with the upload.

You have two choices, you can use the OS software your carrier recommended, or you can upgrade to the latest carrier approved software.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...nguage-152441/
    08-10-09 10:46 AM
    There is your clue, you do not have the correct combination of software installed.

There are two BlackBerry packages. The first is the BlackBerry Desktop Manger which it appears is correctly installed.

Second, you will need to download and install a copy of your device OS software. Once that is installed, the message will clear and you can continue with the upload.

You have two choices, you can use the OS software your carrier recommended, or you can upgrade to the latest carrier approved software.

My DM, OS, and phone are all running 4.5. Just verified. Still will not load the .alx files. Oh well.
    08-10-09 02:01 PM
    So I need to install that thing in your link? I'm really afraid of bricking my phone since I dont know what I'm doing. I'm thinking of maybe trying to call some sort of tech support number or something unless I can get step by step instructions on what to do. Do I need to update/downgrade my DM? Also the above poster said his DM, OS and Phone were all 4.5, wouldn't the OS and the Phone's version be the same? I'm confused.
    08-11-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD