I have a Blackberry Pearl and this is my second replacement phone in a matter of 2 weeks and now I am not getting my email or facebook messages and an hourglass keeps popping up every few seconds. I have taken the battery out and rebooted it and it is still doing it!! Please HELP!!!
    09-03-08 09:29 PM
    GO to Options > Status, what numbers do you see for File Free?
    09-03-08 09:43 PM
    File Free: 12817729
    File Total: 50462720
    09-03-08 09:48 PM
    Looks like you could have been low on memory. A lot of times when you start getting below 12,000,000 bytes, symptoms such as yours can occur. Try following the link below to free up some more memory.

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    09-03-08 09:58 PM
    It is not a memory issue. I called Sprint and she had no idea what is was about. She said that I am no longer getting my email or facebook messages because I go through hotmail. How can that be? For 8 months it worked just fine. I have hotmail plus so pay for it already. Maybe I need premium. But why would that happen all of sudden? I got emails on my phone all day today and there were no outages.
    09-03-08 11:08 PM
    Uh excuse? The symptoms you describe sound an awful lot like it could be a memory issue. Plus with your memory being down to 12mb, that is getting dangerously low. Hence my suggestions of of following the guide I linked. I am willing to bet that the rep you talked to knows little to nothing about blackberry. Let me say this again, regardless if your issue stems from low memory, you are on the verge of low memory.
    09-03-08 11:18 PM
    It is not a memory issue. I called Sprint and she had no idea what is was about. She said that I am no longer getting my email or facebook messages because I go through hotmail. How can that be? For 8 months it worked just fine. I have hotmail plus so pay for it already. Maybe I need premium. But why would that happen all of sudden? I got emails on my phone all day today and there were no outages.
    When asking for and receiving help here, don't just automatically snap back with "its not that." Its rude. Also, you say the rep had no idea what was going on, then you go on to say she said it was due to your utilization of hotmail. Which is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD