I woke up this morning and my phone wouldn't turn on. I thought it needed to be charged, so it's been charging for a couple of hours, but there is just a red light, and it won't turn on.

I've only had this phone for maybe 6 months. and it's not damaged or anything. It was working fine, till this morning.

I was wondering if this means that the battery is shot? Can I just get a new battery. Any suggestions? Please help?
    01-07-09 12:25 PM
    Do a battery pull and see if that works. Then make sure you have the plug in all the way so it can charge. Also try golding down the red power button. Hope you get it working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks for trying to help. I did pull the battery out a few times and then re-inserted it. I also held the red power button down. These didn't seem to work. All the while, I had the phone charging.

I decided to take it to the local AT&T store and as I was pulling in, the phone just turned on by itself. It seems to be working fine now. I don't know what was wrong, but hurray! it's fixed.

Thanks for a quick reply though. I appreciate it.
    01-07-09 02:03 PM
    I had a similar problem with my pearl. It seems that an extremely low battery can lead to an unhappy pearl that doesn't want to do anyhing until it has a good charge. Mine died the second day I owed it without warning and would not connect to anything until it was charged past a certain level.
    For the first several minutes of charging it gave only the red led with nothing on the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 02:24 PM
    I have the same problem, except I charged it overnight and it still won't turn on.
    02-09-10 12:33 PM
    03-07-15 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD