Can anyone tell me the difference between these two headsets. I am looking for one for my Pearl 8130. Did anyone have problems with either of these??

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    03-30-08 09:08 AM
    I have both of these so I can help. Well obviously they look better, the battery in the 520 last a little longer and from what I experienced it works better with the 8130.

The 510 for some reason would cut in and out when the phone was in my coat pocket, not sure why that is, maybe it was just getting old. If I had to guess they both will work fine but I'd recommend the 520 just based on the battery lasting longer, I believe it lasts 8 hours vs. 6 hrs for the 510. The 520 costs a bit more but not a lot. I bought both models at buy.com for less than $50.

Hope this helps.
    03-30-08 09:55 AM
    One more thing, they do fit slightly different so that's a preference thing.
    03-30-08 09:57 AM
    Can anyone tell me the difference between these two headsets. I am looking for one for my Pearl 8130. Did anyone have problems with either of these??

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    Dear Sagers2,

Good question, I think I can help. The difference between the Voyager 510 and 520 is WindSmart vs WindScreen which help when in wind. WindSmart a bit better, 6 vs 8 hours talk time, 100 vs 180 standby time, 14 grams vs 16 grams. Both work great. Both are able to Multipoint, which allows you to connect to multiple Bluetooth devices with ease. The 510 can work with many wireless office headset systems so that you can have one headset for the office and out.

You can call or email 800-847-7068

You might be able to catch one of us in the office today.
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 05-11-13 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Removed email
    03-30-08 02:55 PM
    I have both of these so I can help. Well obviously they look better, the battery in the 520 last a little longer and from what I experienced it works better with the 8130.

The 510 for some reason would cut in and out when the phone was in my coat pocket, not sure why that is, maybe it was just getting old. If I had to guess they both will work fine but I'd recommend the 520 just based on the battery lasting longer, I believe it lasts 8 hours vs. 6 hrs for the 510. The 520 costs a bit more but not a lot. I bought both models at buy.com for less than $50.

Hope this helps.
    Just in case you need a wireless office solution. If you buy a qualifying (almost all do) Plantronics Wireless Office System you can get a Plantronics Voyager 510FREE! Go to the upper left hand corner of theheadsetteam.com or call us.
    03-30-08 03:05 PM
    I'm about to pull the trigger on the 520. I get WAY too much static with my 510, unfortunately. I've loved that earpiece (it even survived the washing machine), but with my new 8130 the static is unbearable. I've read other reports of the same thing, so am going to give the 520 a shot.
    04-06-08 09:04 PM
    I've had the 510 for almost 2 years, just lost an earpiece yesterday and ordered some replacement ear tips today (EVEN 2 YEARS LATER I STILL LOVE THIS SET)

Did some research this morning, and except that the newer ones have all the fancy noise canceling (I'm not saying they're not good), this one still gets great reviews for sound quality AND range. I easily get 20 feet.

Can't go wrong, but I'd spend a little more to get it locally to make it easy to return, since as always with these things, ymmv.
    09-06-08 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD