Hi - I have the PINS of 2 people and I want to PIN message them. I read through the posts and understand there are 2 ways - through the BB messenger which I haven't tried yet and by sending a PIN message, right?

So, I go to compose pin and the message window pops up - how do you get to a screen where the pins are in the address book. Does it matter which e-mail acct you use - should it be only the BB one or should it be the SMS file or does it not matter? I've tried em all..lol and when click compose and then if I click the menu button there are a bunch of options but none that seem right. It would seem to defeat the purpose if I have to look up the PIN and then write it down and then type it in. The closest match was attach address and somehow I do not think that is right. What am I not getting? Can someone walk me through it.

Thanks!

Michele'
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 07-11-08 at 01:12 AM.
    07-11-08 01:06 AM
    Cool when you are in bbm highlight contacts then press the menu key to add a contact, select request by PIN and your address book will appear scroll all the way to the top, there you will see "use once" select that option and it will then promt you to enter the PIN, once the owner of the PIN accepts your request you are ready to start chatting. Hope this makes sense!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 01:43 AM
    That's for BBM. Sounds like she wants to do a PIN message which is more like email.

What you want to do is edit or create a contact and add the person's PIN where it says PIN. Then from the compose PIN screen you just type the name of the person.
    07-11-08 01:51 AM
    Ahh looks like your right thanks for the correction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 01:54 AM
    You've turned into my private helper tonight - thanks! I am going to try what you said above. So I have to use BBM to PIN?
    07-11-08 02:04 AM
    ss - that is what I am trying to do. I guess I am thinking of outlook where you type on the to field and you get something. You're saying that once I start to type their time, it should send it to their pin, right?
    07-11-08 02:06 AM
    Eureka - I think I've got it! Many thanks.

M
    07-11-08 02:07 AM
    ss - that is what I am trying to do. I guess I am thinking of outlook where you type on the to field and you get something. You're saying that once I start to type their time, it should send it to their pin, right?
    As long as you have THEIR pin in YOUR address book you are fine. To test after you type the contact's name. Go back and highlight it, hit menu, then show address. You should see their pin staring back at you
    07-11-08 02:16 AM
    Perfect -when I did the show address, I saw the actual PIN and that made me feel much better. thx.
    07-11-08 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD