i have the pearl 8130 with sprint. I was just curious if there is a way to send picture mail yet?
    08-22-09 05:26 PM
    You can use either email or MMS, as long as you have a BlackBerry data package. Otherwise, there's no way.
    08-22-09 08:11 PM
    i have the pearl 8130 with sprint. I was just curious if there is a way to send picture mail yet?
    sprint also could have there own internet folder, were you register with your phone and computer. You log in via computer and all the images load, pictures can be sent to other phones through this process as well. i know bell has this and seeing as sprint is are sister company they possibly could as well.
    08-22-09 10:28 PM
    I believe you need to have some version of OS 4.5. Send an MMS and it arrives as a Sprint Picture Mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 11:11 PM
    thanks guys! i just updated to 4.5 and it works great. MMS is workin now. That was my only problem i had with my phone so now that i can do picture mail i am very happy.
    08-23-09 11:08 PM
    Were you able to send videos with the upgrade? I can send videos but only with a size of 300 KB, which you all know is nothing.
    08-24-09 02:38 PM
    I have the same problem. I can send videos but only part of the video sends because of the limit. Is it the network?
    08-24-09 02:56 PM
    Not sure. I have T-Mobile, and they told me that I could only send that size... guess they set up the limits. What size can you send?
    08-24-09 03:10 PM
    Have you tried sending a bigger file thru email? Not sure if this works, just curious.

I think 300 kb is the cap of any outgoing message for the pearls, may not have anything to do with the carrier.
    08-24-09 03:45 PM
    I'm reasonably sure MMS varies slightly carrier to carrier. You'll never get more than a tiny low resolution through that way. Even email won't allow for much. BBM5 however will allow up to 6MB transfered. Of course we're talking BlackBerry file transfers only, not PC.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 04:04 PM
    Sprint MMS only works on BB's with 4.5os +

Trus MMS is only available on BB Curve 3330m and Blackberry Tour so far.

All other BB's are stuck with the picture mail link method.

You can send via the MMS icon on any os 4.5 Blackberry
    or via your PC on the picture mail website
    08-24-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD