I just got my 8130 last week and I have been trouble sending Pic messages. My friend from work has an 8100 through T-mobile and she told me about selecting the pic then sending as an MMS message, I tried it and the pic doesn't go through. I have US Cellular (Mid-west carrier) and I called up the CSR and he said to send it as an attatchment in an email. Well my question is will that really work no matter who I send it to? And in the subject line of the email do I just put the phone number?
    02-21-08 11:19 PM
    If US Cellular doesn't support MMS with the 8130, then yes your only option would be to send pics via email. Subject field can be anything, the To field would be any valid email address. Your recipient would of course need email capabilities on their phone to view by phone.
    02-22-08 07:07 AM
    I dont think you can just put the # it would have to be for example Sprint = [email protected]
    02-22-08 09:56 AM
    try going to message and press menu compose MMS or email, address message and then press menu attach picture and then menu and send. if get prompt for phone or email choose and to type in goto use once
    02-22-08 10:18 AM
    Damn US Cellular sucks then... I could send pic texts just fine with my Razr. The rep said I would have to use the email to send pics and the recipient wouldn't have to have email on their phone. What a liar! Thanks for the info guys.
    02-22-08 11:26 AM
    You're still a little confused it sounds like. Your friends don't need to have email on their phone, but you do, which is one of the things that a BB is best at doing. All you do is use their phone number and carrier as an email addres, IE: [email protected], and it will forward the message to the phone number as a text/mms message. You will need to know the carrier specific postfix, the part after the @ to correctly send the message to your friends phone number.
    02-22-08 11:45 AM
    so the guy at sprint retention told me that my pearl does picture mail to another phone...was he lying to me
    02-22-08 01:19 PM
    Is it possible to send pic message to another person who is not using Blackberry phone?
    02-22-08 01:20 PM
    I didn't think sprint allowed MMS...
    02-22-08 01:57 PM
    yeah neither did i from what i read on here so i was very persistant in asking the guy...He said that one of the reps there can send a pic mail....
    02-22-08 04:48 PM
    so the guy at sprint retention told me that my pearl does picture mail to another phone...was he lying to me
    I don't think he was lying, just misinformed. You can't use Sprint picture mail on a Blackberry. The only way to send a picture is through e-mail. Sprint has blocked the MMS feature on their Blackberries. All I can suggest is complaining. I think everyone that has a Sprint Blackberry should so we can TRY to get them to fix it.
    02-22-08 07:21 PM
    those guys are such fools...if it is not someone who speaks any other language than english, its someone that doesn't know there stuff...o i hate them sometimes...if my plan was not so good i would leave....
    02-22-08 07:37 PM
    You can send pic mail but as an attachment on a regular email not MMS. There are plenty of threads referencing this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD