I have been having all types of problems with my phone taking so long to do remedial tasks. However i have just updated my BB messenger and have been using pandora allot. I have a 2GB memory card in the phone and and have 1.7GB of memory left to use. But my phone memory is full. I have tried to delete that stupid list of contacts in my pictures (cartoony picture) but there is no option to get rid of em. I delete all my internet cache items every time i am done with internet. Any suggestions would help!
    10-23-09 10:43 AM
    Remove some Apps like BB Help or others you don't use and then do a batt pull.
    10-23-09 10:46 AM
    Also options>advanced>applications>delete languages that you don't use. Don't get delete happy in there though. Delete the wrong thing and you will brick your phone. Also make sure pictures and other media like ring tones and music is stored on the sd card and not your phone memory. Media>menu>options>device limit set to the lowest limit (mine is 5mb). If you do have those things on your phone memory move them to your sd card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:27 PM
    I would recommend removing Messenger 5.0. The program itself is very large (around 2.7 MB, I think) and it has memory leak issues. I would drop from ~16 MB to under 12MB free in less than a day. After removing BBM 5.0, I'm up around 19 MB all day.
    10-23-09 08:38 PM
    S***s because my bb been doing the same thing and I knew it was the bbm because it started IMMEDIATELY after I dl it! I love the new bbm so much though. Just a matter of time before I get rid of it!!! My memory too will drop from 14000000 to 7 or 8 anytime!
    10-23-09 08:58 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Media card is unrelated to the RAM device memory of your BB. The Media Card is for pics, music, vids, etc.

Are you saving pics and such to device memory? If so, open your Camera, Menu>Options>Save to Media Card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 12:00 AM
    the dreaded pearl memory......
    10-24-09 03:29 PM
    Yes, I had to 86 BBM 5. It wasn't a big deal though. I only have 3 personal friends that use it so it really wasn't worth that 2.7 MB of space cause of course, I would have had to delete some other things and I think I have my device chopped as thin as it can go. I still love it though!!!
    10-26-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD