I'm with VZW too and every once in a while, I get a voicemail icon as well. I'll listen to the message, delete it, but the icon doesn't disappear. Sometimes it disappears a few minutes later, sometimes a few days. It's the VZW system, not your phone.
    03-11-08 05:01 PM
    great.. just another reason verizon sucks when it comes to blackberries...
    03-11-08 05:07 PM
    great.. just another reason verizon sucks when it comes to blackberries...
    Actually, it has NOTHING to do with BBs! I used to have it happen all the time on my LG vx8300 and my Samsung a670...it hasn't happened (yet) on my BB though!
    03-11-08 07:11 PM
    It's not neccesarily VZW either, my old Sprint phones used to do that alot too. I would leave myself a voicemail and then delete it and the icon would dissappear. Very Strange. Haven't really had my BB long enough to say if it happens on it too.
    03-11-08 07:30 PM
    hmm.. i dont know... all i know is that ive been with verizon for YEARS and i have had the razr, several samsungs, and both versions of the chocolate, and i only started having problems with verizon after i got my pearl...
    03-12-08 11:18 AM
    PS- i meant to thank you, sunkast, for taking the time to find and post that diagram of what all the different icons mean - i appreciate that.
    03-12-08 11:32 AM
    Still got that icon?
    03-12-08 11:39 AM
    yup chaz... sure do. little bugger wont go away!!!
    03-12-08 12:24 PM
    Okay... my last bit of advice... ignore it. lol
    03-12-08 12:38 PM
    haha.... well im sure you are right, it is the voicemail icon.. it has to be.. i just dont get why it wont go away.
    03-12-08 12:44 PM
    Funny, I am a newbie and I research this same question and did everything everyone said...it worked but herere is what I learned.....

When I receive a voicemail, that little red star with the number one and a folder pops up....But SO DOES that little cassette tape. I listened to my message and did NOT delete or save it. Cassette tape still here. Listened to my message again and saved it....cassette tape gone.

Hope this works for you !
    03-12-08 03:26 PM
    celast....
    thank you for the advice. actually just had a missed call with a voicemail, so i did what you said. nada. i suppose im just destined to have a casette tape on my homescreen.
    03-12-08 03:31 PM
    When I deleted my message on VM, the cassette tape went away.
    03-12-08 03:32 PM
    well i dont know.
    i mean ok i understand that it should go away and what it is, what it represents, all that...
    all im saying is that mine is stupid and wont go away.
    03-12-08 04:17 PM
    one more question - is there a number beside it? my v-mail icon always has a number.
    03-12-08 04:28 PM
    nope... no number. just the casette pretty much smack in the middle of my homescreen. maybe a little above the centre....
    03-12-08 04:31 PM
    It's official - I give up.
    03-12-08 04:34 PM
    i dont blame you. the good old, helpful folks (sic) at the verizon store had no clue either, and told me it "shouldnt be a big deal - it doesnt appear to be hurting anything."
    eeee... yeah. good answer guys.
    03-12-08 04:43 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD