I just got my new phone today and I downloaded the Desktop Manager, connected my Pearl and it said I needed a bunch of updates, so I went through the updating process, and at task 6/11 it disconnected, then connected again, then disconnected, then connected, etc. and now because it stopped in the middle of the updating process, the phone does not work at all, won't even turn on. the LED indicator keeps flashing red. HELP? I have tried every USB port on my laptop and it just won't stay connected. it was working before but now I am screwed !??!? is there any way I can re-install the OS and start from scratch?? I have a restore point that was created in the update process, but it's useless if the phone won't stay connected...
    02-08-10 11:16 PM
    In your PC, open Device Manager. Click Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Then double click USB Root Hub, click the tab "Power Management," and make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.
    02-08-10 11:24 PM
    do you mean in the desktop manager? I can't find what you're talking about. I can click on the device manager icon in the system tray, but it just opens up the properties window.
    Last edited by jemnezi; 02-08-10 at 11:41 PM.
    02-08-10 11:33 PM
    could be bad cable, mine was
    02-09-10 02:57 AM
    bought a new cable, no dice
    also, I've just noticed that it connects and disconnects when the LED indicator goes on and off, so that means that it is definitely an issue with the phone. is there some sort of reset that I can do? (I've already tried taking the battery out, that does nothing). or could it be an issue with the battery?
    Last edited by jemnezi; 02-09-10 at 11:51 AM.
    02-09-10 11:40 AM
    Hi guys, was reloading my pearl 8120, but when it comes to ''loading module ''net_rim_cldc.cod'', my phone disconnect and reconnect again from my pc, preventing me to proceed with the reloading of the software. before that it went ''nuked'', and had a msg ''system corrupt'', now I'm left with still a white screen and three icon ''circle, sqaure, triangle in a big circle. can anyone help please.
    02-11-10 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD