Anyone use their Pearl as a mp3 player? My wife just got a Pearl 8130 and have I have been putting some music on it for her. Now I am wanting one for myself. I usually carry my ipod or my Zune with me to work and its starting to get on my nerves haveing my cell phone and mp3 player in my pocket. Who else here uses their Pearl as a mp3 player?
    04-13-08 04:51 AM
    i know for me, if i started using it as an mp3 player, i would need this for sure:
    Seidio 1250mAh OEM Sized Extended Battery for BlackBerry Pearl 8130, Pearl 8120, Pearl 8110 - ShopCrackBerry

mine sucks battery juice like no ones business lol.
    04-13-08 05:04 AM
    I use mine as an MP3 player everyday. I love it. It plays better than my Palm TX and has an easy interface. I have both batteries and playing the mp3's never drained the battery to any extent.
    04-13-08 06:36 AM
    I use mine as one, put my mp3 player away for good a month ago. Works great with my truck stereo also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 07:09 AM
    I use my Curve as my mp3 player now; like fonebrkr, I put my old one away abt a month ago and haven't looked back. U don't get custom EQ's, but that doesn't matter when you have good headphones. I love the fact I only need one device for everything!!

E

04-13-08 08:29 AM
    I got an 80gig zune for Christmas and I haven't touched it for the 3 weeks I've had this phone!

Da*n crack.
    Once you do crack, there's no goin back!

04-13-08 12:50 PM
    My blackberry is the only thing I use for mp3 and wma. I like the fact I can listen to my Audiobooks while driving on my BT Stereo Headset and when a call comes in, I dont have to pause the player and grab the phone. It automatically pauses for the call then resumes after the call.
    04-13-08 09:34 PM
    I ditched my iPod for the pearl and a 4 gig card... I love it.. PS..I hate Iphones

04-14-08 12:14 AM
    So everyone pretty much agrees it works gret with ave. battery? or what would you agree as a upgrade?....I charge my phone everynight anyways so would i need a battery upgrade?
    04-14-08 07:34 AM
    So everyone pretty much agrees it works gret with ave. battery? or what would you agree as a upgrade?....I charge my phone everynight anyways so would i need a battery upgrade?
    I upgraded the battery, but media doesn't really kill mine that fast, surfing the internet and talking on it use the battery up much faster.
    04-14-08 08:56 AM
    I don't have a Pearl but I use my 8820 as MP3 player. It always hooked up to my car stereo.
    04-14-08 11:04 AM
    I use mine as an MP3 player with a 8GB Sanddisk microSD card and an extended batterty from Seidio, More power, same size. I love it.
    Last edited by latina berry; 04-15-08 at 10:55 AM.
    04-14-08 01:28 PM
    I use mine as a MP3 player religiously, especially since I purchased a BT earpiece. I can listen to music right thru the BT earpiece. Many have said it could not be done. Yea Right! "Where there is a will, there is a way."
    04-14-08 02:26 PM
    I use mine as a MP3 player religiously, especially since I purchased a BT earpiece. I can listen to music right thru the BT earpiece. Many have said it could not be done. Yea Right! "Where there is a will, there is a way."
    Welcome to CB............
    04-14-08 02:28 PM
    did you upgrade your battery? or just charge all the time? i would like to use mine religously just dont want to kill my battery...
    04-14-08 04:57 PM
    ohh the thought of not having a purse full of electronics !! I love it !!
    04-14-08 04:57 PM
    i use mine as an mp3 player all the time. I have the regular battery that came with my pearl and i have not had much trouble with it. Of course I plug it in everynight and sometimes during the day while at work. I will try to see how much play time I get out of it without plugging it in though. From the sounds of it, it should be pretty good though.
    04-14-08 05:15 PM
    What kills the battery while using the Media Player is if you are on the move, and go in and out of cell coverage. The radio uses more power when the signal is weaker, but most people think it is the player using the battery up.
    04-14-08 08:37 PM
    My blackberry is the only thing I use for mp3 and wma. I like the fact I can listen to my Audiobooks while driving on my BT Stereo Headset and when a call comes in, I dont have to pause the player and grab the phone. It automatically pauses for the call then resumes after the call.
    The only thing I dont like about the media player is that when you are listening to a large file like an audiobook I can't rewind a few seconds back if I miss something. I hope they add this option in the next software update.
    04-14-08 10:07 PM
    Russ, just hit the BB button, select now playing, put the cursor on then progress bar, click and drag it back.

04-14-08 11:13 PM
    You dont need to hit the menu button. Just scroll your trackball up until the slider bar is highlighted and click. Then scroll left or right to adjust the position in the track.
    04-14-08 11:39 PM
    I had a LG Chocolate phone/mp3 player before the 8130 and love the upgrade. The VZW 8130 takes an 8GB micro card, (about $50 on Amazon) that you can load up. Plus, with the ORB program on your home PC, you can stream all kinds of internet radio and your entire home .mp3 collection over-the-air! (works best in EVDO coverage, but is acceptable in 1xRTT)

The Pearl is an mp3 player and SO much more with the streaming media capability - just make sure to do the .97 software upgrade (unless the elusive 4.5 hits soon)
    04-14-08 11:42 PM
    Oh yeah, forgot, I usually hit the red call end button after I start my music to let it run in the background, so I can work, or....

04-14-08 11:45 PM
    Also a hint to making quick play lists for Audiobooks, If you saved your book in proper format with tags, then when looking at the home screen for the player select Albums and then Menus button the album name and select add to playlist. It will say all the contents of this album will be added. Select OK. Then select the playlist name. If the playlist name is not there select New playlist and it will let you create the name.
    04-14-08 11:49 PM
    Russ, just hit the BB button, select now playing, put the cursor on then progress bar, click and drag it back.

This works great for short files like a 5 minute song, but when your listening to a file that is 4 hours long and you do this, the player will rewind only in 10 or 12 minute sections at a time.
    04-15-08 11:10 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD