Been a long time "smartphone" user, new to Blackberry. I recently started with a Storm because of my relatively frequent travel to Europe.

First, let me say I LOVE the BB thing. That said, the Storm seems like a bit of overkill for me. Someday it will be a terrific phone, but for what I need, it's a bit much. I really just want to check email, calender etc.

Seems like the Pearl could be good for me. A "smart enough" phone, I know it won't work in EU, but I can get a loaner for my once quarterly trips....

Any opinions?
    01-23-09 01:23 PM
    Grab the 8830 World Edition, that wld work ovr seas.....all the BB goodies and it'll go where ever u go! lol
    01-23-09 01:30 PM
    I'll have an 8830 for the quarterly trip. I can activate/deactivate via the BB desktop tool... at that's my hope
    01-23-09 01:56 PM
    it seems like the pearl will work fine for you. the main thing is just that you like it and you are able to function with it. the memory is less on the pearl then the curve and storm but besides that they are all amazing.
    01-23-09 02:06 PM
    The pearl is a good learner phone. It's user friendly and does the calendar and email that you would need it for. The SureType keyboard is a little small but with a little practice you can type on it pretty fast. Overall it is a good phone.
    01-24-09 10:56 PM
    The pearl was never for me I used one like two days and decided it was probably a lil more feminine than what I was looking for in a bb.
    01-24-09 11:01 PM
    Grab the 8830

World Edition, that wld work ovr seas.....all the BB goodies and it'll go where ever u go! lol
    The WE has no camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 11:04 PM
    The pearl was never for me I used one like two days and decided it was probably a lil more feminine than what I was looking for in a bb.
    Being such a manly man, I'm sure 2 cans and a string work well for you

The Pearl is a great berry. Mine has a pink case.

claire
    01-24-09 11:45 PM
    The Pearl is great little device and packs a powerful punch. I love the small form factor
    01-25-09 03:35 AM
    LOVE my pearl . comapct size makes it easy to carry in a pocket without hardly even knowing its there ..i have more app"s ..pic"s ..ringtones and ect on mine than any of my friends do their curves and runs with no problems but the keyboard does tak a little getting used to
    01-25-09 08:10 AM
    Everyone keeps talking about those tiny buttons on the keyboard but I have never really thought twice about them. Of course I have come from a long line of phones with T9, so SureType was almost natural.

Great device, give one a shot and you won't regret it.

01-25-09 10:12 AM
    The pearl is a great berry and it is not girly. I never had a problem with the tying either. The curve is also a great berry. Check them both out and see what you prefer.

01-25-09 11:24 AM
    I have to chuckle, a feminine beginner phone eh? Well after 10 yrs in the Marines I'm secure enough on my manhood so I'll set that one aside

I've been using "smart phones" for years, that includes an iPhone and currently a Storm. I've finally figured out, for me anyway, less is more. I don't plan to surf the web or play video games. I might check a bank balance, flight reservation, play some music or podcasts on short flights.

Interestingly enough I ended up figuring out suretype during the 3 weeks I've had the storm. I prefer one hand typing, once I realized how it works, it came clear to me the Pearl is the choice....

So the Storm is going back, no hating here, just not for me.

Dan in Dallas...
    01-25-09 11:56 AM
    i have the pearl, i like it a lot, but to be honest, when i am up for contract renewal i'll probably upgrade to a curve or something with a full keyboard. i got the curve because in college, i sometimes only left with just my cellphone and keys, and wouldn't bring a purse, but these days i always take a purse with me so the curve would suit me fine (especially since the screen is wider! web surfing would look better on it no doubt).

in the end, i think it's all about your lifestyle. good luck!
    01-25-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD