Probably been answered before but what do users do when you need to enter letters during call?

Like please enter first three letters of last name?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 02:13 PM
    I believe it's Press the alt key, then the letter.
    I seldom need to do it, so I'm not positive.
    05-05-08 02:19 PM
    Chaz is correct for the most part.
    you will need to hold the alt key and use double tap to get to the second letter on a key.
    05-05-08 02:37 PM
    So even though the letters are different on each key all i do is ALT then Letter?

Cause today i got please enter the key that corresponds with the letter. Usually on a regular phone three letters each key so i ran to my phone to figure it out : )

Just wanna make sure.

Thanks
    05-05-08 02:42 PM
    I'm sorry Cole. i misread your question. i have never used it in a call, just to place a call. i have no idea about that. sorry for not paying enough attention.
    05-05-08 02:49 PM
    There is no way to do that unless you memorize what letters correspond with the numbers from a regular phone. This is the same with most qwerty keyboard pda phones. You'll just have to remember that abc=(#2) def=(#3)..and so on. Yea it kinda sucks...
    05-05-08 03:51 PM
    That's what I thought. Maybe a sheet sheet!

Don't use it all that much anyway.

Thanks everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 04:00 PM
    Using ALT then Letter, will work to enter letters when dialing OR during a call.

So even though the letters are different on each key all i do is ALT then Letter?
    On SureType keypads, press ALT then the Letter key once for the 1st letter and twice for the 2nd letter on that key.
    05-06-08 06:39 AM
    Thanks a bunch!!!
    05-08-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD