which one is better?
    11-17-08 03:37 PM
    Please do not double post, this clogs up the forums and creates issues here. People will respond to your post...
    11-17-08 03:40 PM
    Neither one is "better" per say. The Pearl is for the more causal Blackberry user who wants a smaller device and doesn't mind suretype and the Curve is for the more serious Blackberry user that's going to be using it more. It all depends on what you want.
    11-17-08 03:51 PM
    Its a personal prefrence of what you would rather have. Like said m11stephen said are you a casual user? If so you might want the pearl. If your a hardcore bb person you'll want a curve. Once again it comes down to what you want. My first device was the bb 8100.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 03:55 PM
    using it casually has nothing to do with it...
    just look at the tech specs and then decide..
    11-17-08 03:58 PM
    Six in one hand and half a dozen in the other. I have both, Pearl for me and a Curve for work and I like them both. The Curve is hope because of the screen size and the Pearl is good because it's small. Both are tried and true Blackberrys so there is no loss in functionality.

The real decision is Bold vs Storm, unless you are just looking for a smaller device. I'm looking at the Storm myself as a compromise device depending upon how it compares size wise to my Pearl. The only gripe against the Curve is in removing the memory card but in reality how often does that happen?
    Either way you can't go wrong and typically have 30 days to take the offending device back! Happy Berrying and God Bless America! (Canada too!)

11-17-08 07:45 PM
    I had a pearl and upgraded to a curve about 5 months later. Both are great devices and I enjoyed them both, but I love the curve much more, personally. Bigger screen, more memory, querty keyboard and I just feel like I can do so much more with it. Good luck.
    11-17-08 08:50 PM
    Pretty obvious differences depending on what you want..

Primarily, full qwerty keyboard or not?
    Last edited by papped; 11-18-08 at 12:31 PM.
    11-17-08 08:54 PM
    I started with an 8110 and five or six months later (after I got hooked) switched to an 8310 mainly for the larger screen and full qwerty. So far the curve wins out for me

11-17-08 10:11 PM
    Curve. Real keyboard, no messing with suretype, more memory, not too much bigger.

I am almost regretting my Pearl purchase.
    11-17-08 10:25 PM
    I have a pearl and while I have really enjoyed owning a blackberry I can't wait until I can upgrade. After I found this site I thought I wanted a curve but now I want the bold. But being witg alltel I don't think that will happen

11-18-08 05:34 AM
    I'm really happy with my Pearl as I send only few mails and little chatting in my day. Device is really small.
    11-18-08 09:27 AM
    Come on people represent!!!

Pearl man... it actually fits in your pocket + optimized it can be one mean machine..

You dont wanna walk around with what looks like a calculator do you!?!?

curve looks like the phone in my avatar haha
    11-18-08 10:17 AM
    The curve isn't big at all

Easily fits in your pocket unless you have some ridiculously small pockets.
    11-18-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD