Well I just thought I'd let everyone know I bought a curve 8330 today, i'm gonna sell my pearl even tho its treated me well! Hopefully it doesnt take to long to get used to...does anyone know if I will have to repurchase blackberry alerts and empower pro in order ot switch devices?

Rob
    06-25-08 11:53 AM
    So. Does this mean you're going to change your username to CurvyRob??

And you should be ale to switch over your apps via DM.
    06-25-08 11:57 AM
    I was just thinking that too, but curvyrob sounds a little...hrmm, feminine I guess? I'm really gonna have to come up with something good aren't I!

do you think I have to contact the software manufacturer or will i be able to use the same registration codes?

Thanks again
    Rob

*edit: am I able to change my user name or do I have to set up a whole new account?*
    Last edited by pearlyrob; 06-25-08 at 12:07 PM.
    06-25-08 12:05 PM
    I would think you'd have to contact the software company to transfer the license since the PIN will be different.
    06-25-08 12:13 PM
    k great, I'll give that a shot once the new curvey lady arrives! lol...

Rob

i guess "pearlyrob" will have to do...
    06-25-08 12:18 PM
    Yeah a little femme
    I'm not sure if you can change your username.. I would check around in the edit profile section here.

You can try the same reg codes, but I think you may have to conact the software company, as it's true.. your PIN is different now. I'm not real familiar with Bell as a carrier, so...
    06-25-08 12:18 PM
    I just searched and found you have to contact kevin m to change the username, but they only do it if its a mistake or something, oh well, i'll live with this! lol...
    06-25-08 12:26 PM
    Your username will forever remind you where you came from lol. Have fun with your new Curve!

I have to admit I've thought of getting an 8330 as well even though I really have no complaints about the Pearl. It's hard though when I see my wife's Curve sitting around - makes me think about switching all the time. But I've decided I'll ride it out and wait for the 9000 series to arrive.
    06-25-08 12:36 PM
    hey blackberry guy, thats a good idea...I was thinking about doing the same as well. for some reason I just decided to go with the curve, and not let myself get lured into the bold frenzy! hopefuly my will power is strong enough!
    06-25-08 12:38 PM
    I'm on the edge re: going to the curve! I really have no probs with my pearl. The slightly larger screen is nice but I just don't know.

Pearl has smaller screen and larger keys.

Curve has larger screen and smaller keys!

When I tried the curve I kept hitting multiple keys @ the same time.... Bummer! But that was just in the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 12:52 PM
    Speaking of feminine!

Curve, pearl.... Vs javelin, bold, and thunder.

Think the guys had a little more say in naming this time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 12:54 PM

When I tried the curve I kept hitting multiple keys @ the same time.... Bummer! But that was just in the store.
    I would think that you would get use to the keys after a while! If I had the money to go from my Pearl to a Curve, I definitely would!!
    06-25-08 12:55 PM
    PEARLY! Where are my manners... By the way.. Congrats on the upgrade!!
    06-25-08 12:59 PM
    i agree about the guys having more say in the names... not only that, but the phones look a lot more sleek too, i want a bold so bad!!!
    06-25-08 01:02 PM
    Your username will forever remind you where you came from lol. Have fun with your new Curve!

I have to admit I've thought of getting an 8330 as well even though I really have no complaints about the Pearl. It's hard though when I see my wife's Curve sitting around - makes me think about switching all the time. But I've decided I'll ride it out and wait for the 9000 series to arrive.
    exactly how i feel! And I think the name would curvyrob would be awesome, HAHA!!
    06-25-08 01:29 PM
    lol yea it would be kinda funny! cant be worse than pearly rob right? lol...i like the name "curve", its gentle yet strong!
    06-25-08 04:20 PM
    I was just thinking that too, but curvyrob sounds a little...hrmm, feminine I guess? I'm really gonna have to come up with something good aren't I!

do you think I have to contact the software manufacturer or will i be able to use the same registration codes?

Thanks again
    Rob

*edit: am I able to change my user name or do I have to set up a whole new account?*
    I'm sorry I'm laughing but Pearlyrob sounds more manly??? Im sorry no offense I just ofund that funny!
    06-25-08 05:18 PM
    I see your point..neither is manly! lol, its a lose lose situation...maybe kevin can find it in his heart to change it for me?

Rob
    06-25-08 08:33 PM
    Beg real hard LOL
    06-26-08 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD