Hi Folks,
    First of all I'm not a real savvy computer user so please bear with me while I try to explain my problem. I've had the BB pearl 8130 for around 1 year now and up until last week I really haven't had any problems with it. But now I get this message when I'm connecting (via USB) to my PC, "USB device not recognized".
    This is what I have done to try to eliminate my problem:
    Removed the desktop software and then reinstalled
    Checked to see if I got the same message on another PC - I did
    Checked to see if I had a faulty cord - I don't
    Tried a friends BB on my PC and the PC had no problems recognizing it.
    It seems like it's "shorting out" at the device end of the connection and yesterday I also noticed that I have to play with the connection to get it to charge properly.
    Can anyone suggest anything - I can't sync and it's driving me nuts! Thanks
    Al
    02-23-09 12:18 PM
    How does it work on the other PC that you tried? Does it 'shorting out' on that one as well?
    I it does behave the same on the other PC that means your USB on your BB is going bad and needs to be replaced, meaning new phone.
    If it is your PC only, then you should start looking to refresh your USB connections on your PC. Maybe an update to your system will work.
    Give it a shot.
    02-23-09 12:43 PM
    Hmm, sounds like your troubleshooting skills are pretty good. I was going to suggest that you try a different USB cable, but looks like you already did that.

Sounds to me like you have a faulty USB port on your blackberry. I would check with your carrier - if you've had it for less than a year, they should replace it on warranty.
    02-23-09 12:46 PM
    there is a prob with the cable for all phones lol even mine kicks on and off when i plug it in so, anyways try a diff usb port on the can

look here Solved: RIM/Blackberry USB issue - Tech Support Guy Forums

also make sure u have BlackBerry Handheld Software installed along with the Desktop Manager

also look in device manager and see if there is a yellow ! mark anywhere if there is and u think its the blackberry right click and go to update driver, now if u get a window that says to connect to window update and 3 options click "no not this time" and next then pick the advanced option hit next and then pick "dont search i will pick driver to install" hit next if u dont see anything there hit the back button pick "search for the best driver in these locations" tick search the cd-drive and pop in the cd that come with your blackberry and see if it does anything k

also might want to look under "universal serial bus controllers" and see if u see anything there that says blackberry smartphone and has a ! or not but if u dont see anything in device manager with blackberry in it then it cant find the driver to get it goin, which if the cd does not help go to rims site or go to google and type in blackberry usb driver will get em but the cd should have all that an the desktop manager/handheld software
    Last edited by brianajr88; 02-23-09 at 01:40 PM.
    02-23-09 01:31 PM
    sorry if u have a hardtime understand that lol i type a lil messed up and cant help it due to LD problems k
    02-23-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD