...how do you turn off the key tones when you dial a number in the phone menu or when dialing a speed dial key...i want everything to be muted and i cannot figure out how to do it...i went into the screen/keyboard menu and turned the Key Tone off but it only turns off the keys when you navigate through your phone...please if this is possible to do please let me know because this is driving me crazy!!!...thanks...
    07-28-08 09:58 PM
    ...i actually tried that but was trying to do a combo type thing where i could turn off the keypad when dialing but still have an audible ringtone on incoming calls...i guess i could manually go through and assign a custom ringtone to everyone in my address book...thanks...
    07-28-08 10:34 PM
    the 8830 has a screen/keyboard option under options. Does the 8130?
    I was able to turn off my key tones here.
    07-28-08 10:44 PM
    ...i'm a freakin moron...i figured it out...thanks man...
    07-28-08 10:47 PM
    the 8830 has a screen/keyboard option under options. Does the 8130?
    I was able to turn off my key tones here.
    ...no, you have to go into profiles and turn it to Quiet...then you have to manually set each category (SMS, Calendar, Phone, Etc.) to the volume and ringtones that you prefer...thanks for you input though...
    07-28-08 10:49 PM
    Cool! Glad you were able to figure it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 11:23 PM
    Hi,
    I have an 8300.. and i've tried everything to turn off the dialing tone from the keypad.. just for dialing a number..
    I've read that if you turn the profile to vibrate, silence or off.. it is shut.. but not for me! and the sound is driving me nuts!
    If someone knows how to turn this off.. please let me know..
    Thanks
    08-23-08 10:00 AM
    ...no, you have to go into profiles and turn it to Quiet...then you have to manually set each category (SMS, Calendar, Phone, Etc.) to the volume and ringtones that you prefer...thanks for you input though...
    That doesn't work either. I'm having the same issue and its so annoying! I went into profiles but it doesn't give you the option to silence the keypad. I have an 8320, any other suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD