This thread is for trying to solve problems or clear up confusion on how to work a feature or getting that pesk LED to not blink!

For myself, i can't figure out in my profile which alert feature i need to set so when i recieve a pin the phone alerts me with a noice (like normal for sms or mms).

Ideas?
    11-08-07 09:08 PM
    This thread is for trying to solve problems or clear up confusion on how to work a feature or getting that pesk LED to not blink!

For myself, i can't figure out in my profile which alert feature i need to set so when i recieve a pin the phone alerts me with a noice (like normal for sms or mms).

Ideas?
    You will have to change each profile you want this to be on.. Edit the profile and change the Repeat Notification from LED Flashing to None under the Level 1 messages.

Again this will only do it for PIN messages if you have the setting under Messages>Options>General Options>Make PIN Messages Level 1 set to Yes..

I think this is what your are looking for. If not please let me know.
    Last edited by Scuba629; 11-09-07 at 09:07 AM.
    11-09-07 08:59 AM
    You were right on. I ended up solving it last night. I must have missed it when I looked there previously

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-07 02:32 PM
    I got my vzw 8130 yesterday and love it! I have a problem that I was hoping someone would be able to help with. My desktop software will not sync the calender anymore. It worked the first few times but now it doesnt. All the settings are correct on DM. I noticed on the phone in "options, advance opt, default services." that there is a calender (CICAL) default that you can pick. I have 3 emails on this device and I switched them both to my normal email. That is when it stopped syncing the calender. If I switch the email to a different one, it will sync the calender but it shows that I have 234 new addittions even though they are already on the phone. Why is there the option for default calender? If someone could help it would be great.

I have the VZW 8130 and use DM 4.3

Thanks and sorry for the long explenation
    11-09-07 03:07 PM
    Hi guys, I've had my 8130 since saturday and I've encountered some issues. The hour glass is starting to cycle a lot and I often get a msg reading sys restarting. It pauses when typing, I'm not sure if I'm typing too fast or not.

I'm also having problems downloading pics from an email. I keep getting a msg reading that svc book isn't installed. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank

11-12-07 01:01 PM
    make sure you remove all old desktop software and the re-install 4.3
    11-12-07 02:04 PM
    make sure you remove all old desktop software and the re-install 4.3
    Not much help there then eh?

Guys, you obviously have the new pearl, can you tell me what the trackball is like on yours?

I have just upgraded from the older pearl 8100 and the trackball on that model was really responsive, had a definate "click" to it when you pushed it.

This newer model seems to have no click to it, you have to push on it with a fingernail to "feel" the click home, it also sounds as though it is scraping when you roll it.

I took it back to the retailer within an hour of upgrading, he went and fetched another stock model, and that stock model was also the same.

Is this a common thing with the new pearl?
    Is it the same trackball asssembly as was in the older pearl?
    is it a newer assembly? either larger or smaller than the previous one?

Cheers

Chamisra
    11-12-07 07:15 PM
    Hey guys, I'm having a problem w/my emails. I've seperated my mms, sms, and emails. When I receive emails I can't reply from those. I have to go to my email setting and send a new email w/o replying without history. Is anyone else experiencing this?

11-13-07 01:57 PM
    Ok, I'm having another issue. Like I said in my previous post, I've seperated my sms, emails, and mms. How do I've assigned different notifications for all of them. My messages, which represent my emails aren't notifying me beyond vibrating. Does anyone know how to clear this up?

11-15-07 07:54 AM
    If you download a file from the internet that it "can't open", where can you go to try and open said file? It's not on the desktop, and doesn't show up even when I select "Show All".
    11-15-07 09:20 AM
    I downloaded google maps, but the app will not load. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Are they blocking this bc. the Verizon version comes with blackberry maps?
    11-15-07 03:44 PM
    chachib-

verizon pearl wont work with it...

vznav or bust...

-db
    11-15-07 03:59 PM
    I downloaded google maps, but the app will not load. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Are they blocking this bc. the Verizon version comes with blackberry maps?
    CHACHIB-

I too could not download Google maps at first onto the 8130/Verizon. I tried again a few hours later and it downloaded fine...It took about 5 minutes to install but it's on there now, no problems using it.
    12-05-07 02:15 PM
    Hey all,

By default all notifications of missed calls and new voice mails show up in the Message folder. I'd like to turn that off as the phone already shows a seperate icon for both missed calls and voice mails on the home screen. Is this possible? I only want PINs, mms, sms and email showing up in my message folder if I can mange it. Please help!

I use a Crackberry 8130 on the Telus network.

Thanks,
    Crackberry Noob

UPDATE:

Ok, sorry read some more and solved it for missed calls... Any way to turn off the voice mail notification?
    Last edited by jrm82; 12-21-07 at 07:16 PM. Reason: new information
    12-21-07 07:12 PM
    The only way to turn off Voicemail is to turn off SMS notifications that I know.
    12-21-07 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD