had this phone since october, no problems. but today i went to my messages and my trackball wont scroll up. it does move down,left and right though. i've done battery pulls, removed the ball and put back in, everything. nothing works.. is it covered under warranty? i bought it october 2009..
    01-20-10 01:23 PM
    while pressing trackball in, scroll to the direction it doesnt want to move. Do this a few times. But make sure the trackball all the way down while doing this. Probably just a piece of lint stuck there. It happens once in awhile.
    01-20-10 01:26 PM
    while pressing trackball in, scroll to the direction it doesnt want to move. Do this a few times. But make sure the trackball all the way down while doing this. Probably just a piece of lint stuck there. It happens once in awhile.
    did that about 10 times already, what all voids my warranty? scratches????
    01-20-10 01:40 PM
    The same thing happened to me with my pearl. Mine was a tad bit worse because i couldn't click either and my ball moved down and not up and sometimes it would only go sideways. I dealt with it for 6 months before finally getting a new phone. I just used numbers on the key pad to navigate. My warranty was voided due to water damage though.
    01-20-10 02:06 PM
    You can replace the trackball for about 10 bucks if your phone isn't covered by warranty. You can find replacement TBs here on CB. If you have a decent local store with a tech department, they will often pop a new one in for free no matter how old your phone is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 10:25 PM
    Ahh the dreaded trackball.lol i jus replaced mine...couple bucks on ebay and its purple

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD