I am fairly new to my pearl - only had it for about a month or so, but it is very sluggish. When I make a call the hourglass hangs around for quite a while. My call log is empty as well.

Does anyone know what has happened or what I can do? I took the battery out and it seems to be better so far.

Thank you -
    01-23-08 06:26 AM
    This is a known problem. It has to do with memory issues. Do a search for lost messages, lost call logs, memory, there is tons to read.

The battery pull will reset the phone, hence closing any open apps you might have running plus clear the memory. That's why you saw an increase in performance.
    01-23-08 06:53 AM
    01-23-08 07:00 AM
    Turn on memory cleaner that should that care of your issues. You'll find it under options/security.
    01-23-08 07:01 AM
    Turn on memory cleaner that should that care of your issues. You'll find it under options/security.
    Just an FYI... It is set to default to disabled, so if you do a battery pull to reset, you will need to enable it every time.
    01-23-08 07:12 AM
    Memory Cleaner will not resolve memory leak issues, it is a security app not a memory cleaner-upper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD