Has anyonelse had a problem with keys falling off of their Pearl? Yesterday as I was taking my Pearl out of it's case the bottom left key fell off. I took it in to my provider Alltel to see about getting it fixed and was told that it was not covered under the manufacturer's warranty (the lady I spoke with had checked) and that I would need to file a claim under my insurance. After paying the $95 deductible I was given a refurbished Pearl. Is this a common problem with the Pearl?
    09-18-08 11:08 PM
    Has anyonelse had a problem with keys falling off of their Pearl? Yesterday as I was taking my Pearl out of it's case the bottom left key fell off. I took it in to my provider Alltel to see about getting it fixed and was told that it was not covered under the manufacturer's warranty (the lady I spoke with had checked) and that I would need to file a claim under my insurance. After paying the $95 deductible I was given a refurbished Pearl. Is this a common problem with the Pearl?
    actually, i have the same problem with that key. WHen i got my replacement phone from verizion, the phone came wrapped in cellophane with the bottom left (alt) key bent upwards. I was thinking about sending it back (for a second time) to get a new phone, but i didn't want to go through the hassle. The key sits down the same as the others, the only problem is its about half as thick where the key meets the bottom fitting. THis causes the key to get caught when putting the phone into the holster. its just a matter of time before i put it in and it gets ripped off. I think I'm going to go to verizon and get a replacement saying it came like that. if that doesn't work, i'll just say it keeps resetting (which it does do).
    09-18-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD