Since getting the pearl, by biggest annoyances have been the new predictive text that pops up and offers words for you. Because of this I cannot type short words and have to keep going back and erasing them. I want to just have SureType with out the predictive word list appearing.

Second, let's say I'm doing a search in the forums and start typing and accidentally forgot a letter in the middle of a word or a word in the middle of a phrase. Before I just hold the alt key had scroll with the wheel to go left and right between the letters. With the pearl I can't do that. I tried and the dumb track ball started changing all the letters in the word!
    Those are a few annoyances right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-08 12:33 AM
    When typing a word I know suretype won't detect, I just type one letter at a time. If it chooses the wrong one, I erase it, replace it, and then type the next. It keeps the letter I left it on, and doesn't take that much extra time. Easier and quicker than switching to multitap and back again, or scrolling through all the options suretype presents.

Also, if it's confusing words you use often, go into the autotext options and fix it that way.
    Last edited by mkfrmn; 02-04-08 at 04:04 AM.
    02-04-08 03:56 AM
    Since getting the pearl, by biggest annoyances have been the new predictive text that pops up and offers words for you. Because of this I cannot type short words and have to keep going back and erasing them. I want to just have SureType with out the predictive word list appearing.
    Just enable Multitap and the predictive text will disappear.

Second, let's say I'm doing a search in the forums and start typing and accidentally forgot a letter in the middle of a word or a word in the middle of a phrase. Before I just hold the alt key had scroll with the wheel to go left and right between the letters. With the pearl I can't do that. I tried and the dumb track ball started changing all the letters in the word!
    Those are a few annoyances right now.
    When you realize you've made an error, just press the trackball to accept what you have currently, scroll back using the trackball to where to want to insert the letter, type the letter, and either scroll right to the end to accept the change, or change the letters that were previously typed so you get the word you were intending to type. It's fairly straightforward once you do it a bit. Of course, if you turn off SureType, any mistakes you make will be your own fault!
    02-04-08 12:45 PM
    You can disable predictive text on the 8130:

Options -> Language -> Input Options
    02-04-08 01:01 PM
    I think the OP may be talking about text boxes within the browser. If so, yes navigation is a bit flakey compared to SMS or email.
    02-04-08 01:27 PM
    You can disable predictive text on the 8130:

Options -> Language -> Input Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
    02-04-08 02:30 PM
    Cool - I learned something too.
    Although I am not sure what each option means or controls from within that.
    I guess I'll play around with what happens when something is turned off or deselected.
    02-04-08 02:38 PM
    Thanks for all that. It really helped me. So used to the non-predictive text. But that really helped guys. Thanks again.

I know I can always depend on you all. :-)

02-04-08 09:57 PM
    idk i like the suretype and it helps me out a lot. If i know the word will not recognized by suretype I just create the word as far as I can then i push space and type it the rest of the letters and that works for me
    02-04-08 10:00 PM
    Don't get me wrong. I love sure type and use it all the time and can type really fast. Is there a typing test we can take for blackberry's? I'm kinda wondering what my speed is! LOL.

My main one was the predictive text. But I turned that off as you instructed and now things are back to normal.

02-04-08 11:12 PM
    I think the OP may be talking about text boxes within the browser. If so, yes navigation is a bit flakey compared to SMS or email.
    If you disable the poiner, text boxes in the browser are much easier to work with.
    02-05-08 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD