Hi, can someone tell me if they really like their pearl with Verizons network? I am so tempted to switch to them so I can get the pearl now instead of waiting indefinetely for ATT to come out with their version of the updated Pearl. Any opinions????
    02-07-08 04:42 PM
    I've been on VZW for years and just got the Pearl 2 days ago. I know I can't give you a full report as of yet (being a newb myself), but the call clarity is really good and I'm not finding the keyboard as frustrating as I had heard it would be.

The salesperson told me I'd hate it for the first 2 weeks and then love it. It's a learning curve compared to my LG vx8300, but I like the features on it so much better!
    02-07-08 04:45 PM
    I have had my pearl for about 1 month now on verizon and love it, the keyboard is extremely easy to get used to and you can type alot faster then a regular cell phone when texting. great call quality and everything else...go ahead and pull the trigger and get it...u will fall in love
    02-07-08 05:00 PM
    i've had mine a couple of months and LOVE it! from what i've heard, verizon's network/service is the best. fastest data. huge network/coverage. pretty good cust svc, too. i just saw a commercial today that w/ a new contract they are $99. i was already in a contract and got what i think was a deal of $229 (retail is $419). it's totally worth it.

i agree suretype is great. takes only a few days to get used to. the trick is to trust it and just keep typing - not constantly looking at the screen. longer words can often be completed in just a few clicks, saving you time. it will learn what words you use most and adapt to you.

the camera is good. i use it pretty often. email pics straight from the phone = excellent. i'm sure you already know all about it. what can i say? it's great! go for it and let us know how you like it. love it!
    02-07-08 07:00 PM
    love it...

-db
    02-07-08 07:02 PM
    Had the VZW 8130 since its launch Nov 8th and I'm completely pleased.
    02-07-08 07:08 PM
    love it also. c'mon just get one.
    02-07-08 07:33 PM
    I have a pearl, since its launch date. I also have a Curve through ATT. I say get the one thats going to best suite you! If both have good coverage around your area then thats a tough call. I love my Pearl and Curve! Tho I do love having GPS! Just little things to think about!

Click
    02-07-08 07:36 PM
    Have had mine for a about a week and i love it already! Great phone very easy to get use to the keyboard.
    02-10-08 09:41 AM
    Go for it. I have my pearl for a bout a month. It's great. I have been with VZW since the NYTEL days and have no complaints.
    02-10-08 12:43 PM
    I've been on verizon over 2 years and have had my Pearl for 2 months and can't imagine not having one now. I have no complaints. The phone itself is a great communications tool and fun for multimedia. Web browsing is pretty good considering it's wireless and on the phone. You get 30 days to try it to decide.
    02-10-08 01:45 PM
    Been with Verizon since 2000, and have had my Pearl (8130) since November.

1. I have nothing but good things to say about Verizon.

2. I was actually looking at another smartphone when the salesperson showed me the Pearl. I was still leaning towards the other smartphone when I asked the salesperson "if you had to have just one phone, and you had to pay for it, which one would you choose?". The salesperson didn't hesitate, he said "I'd take this one" and he picked up the Pearl. The salesperson also said "you have 30 days, if you don't like it bring it back and we'll exchange it".

Well, 30 days came and went very quickly, and I could not be happier with my choice. I am glad I went the Blackberry, and the Pearl.

An added bonus is I discouvered crackberry.com and all the wonderful folks here. They have lessened the "learning curve" (Thanks Gang).

BTW, I asked my wife if she would like one and she said "No, it looks too complicated". So she picked out a Razr. When she couldn't get reception at work she asked if she could take my Blackberry, she was able to make call and receive email and text. So after 3 days with the Razr we exchanged it for another Pearl. She now says "It's not as complicated as it seem".

So, my advice is; Take the plung. If you decide it's not for you, exchange it. But it's the best phone I've ever had. My only regret is that it took me so long to jump on the Blackberry bandwagon.
    02-10-08 02:09 PM
    I bought a Verizon Pearl as a Christmas present to myself. Used to have a Cingular 8125 (also changed carriers). Like the Pearl much better. Tried Suretype for a month, but too many times it ended up with the wrong word so Last Friday I changed to Multitype. That seems to work better for me. I was at a dinner the other night, sitting with a guy who had a Curve. We both tried to access the same website at the same time, and it came up much faster on the Pearl than the Curve. DOn't know if it was the Blackberry or the carrier, but Verizon works good for me.
    02-11-08 07:03 AM
    I really wanted the curve because I wasn't sure of the Pearl's keyboard. It is a solid device. I have my music and podcasts on it, I've used the camera (main reason for this over the 8800 - the Curve still isn't available on VZW). Great formfactor, good looks, still miss the thumb wheel but getting used to the track ball. I don't think you've be disappointed. You could wait a couple of months for a Curve but this is a solid phone.
    02-11-08 08:45 AM
    I've had Verizon since the days when cell phones plugged into your car's lighter and had a gel battery pack in a bag....I would never switch! Their customer service is awesome and I never have dropped calls or crappy service.

I got the Pearl two weeks ago and I already know I can never have a non-Blackberry phone ever again in my whole life. I didn't think I would like the keyboard and the "suretype" since I previously had a full qwerty phone, but I actually type much faster with the Pearl. I love it and the call quality is crystal clear as well. Go for it - you will most definitelly not be disappointed.
    02-11-08 09:36 AM
    I've had my pearl w/ VZW for about 2 weeks, love it. Been with VZW for 5 years, this is my 3rd phone with them, no problems at all. I also have Verizon FIOS ISP, and will soon hope to have the TV service.
    02-11-08 09:46 AM
    Don't know about others perception here, but the Pearl's speaker phone has to be the best I've ever heard. I use it when a few of us have to participate in a conference call while we are "on the road" and it is amazing. I have been with Verizon (BAM) for almost 10 years. I also do not see a reason to change. From what I hear the other providers all have the same issues in one way or another so why jump from the pan into the fire?
    02-11-08 09:55 AM
    Don't know about others perception here, but the Pearl's speaker phone has to be the best I've ever heard.
    I have to agree it's one of the best I've used in comparison to my cell phones in a long time!

What I especially like is how after ever call the speaker goes "off" so I don't have to toggle back and forth between calls if I so choose.
    02-12-08 11:47 AM
    I've had Verizon service since 2000 and I bought the Pearl last week. I just had to have the pink Pearl!! I'm having a hard time getting adjusted to typing, but it's all coming along. I learn something new about this phone everyday.

Get it and give it a try!!
    02-12-08 06:17 PM
    i absolutley love it and it's very easy to get used too. This is my first smart phone and it took no time at all to get adjusted.
    02-13-08 12:12 PM
    I've had Verizon for the better part of 8 years, every time I leave for another carrier, I end up coming back. I bought the Pearl for myself as a Christmas gift, and I don't know how I got by without a Blackberry in the past. I can honestly say I'll be using BB's forever now! The call clarity is amazing, best phone I've ever used for clarity with a Bluetooth device. I'm a huge text/email person, and I love this...easier than the QWERTY keyboard phone I had previously. Alarm clock and calendar help keep me running on time, multimedia capabilities are great, BrickBreaker is addicting (lol) and I feel totally lost without my Pearl. It's more than a phone, it's like a friend, haha.
    02-15-08 01:13 PM
    I used to be with Cingular/AT&T and after an battle with them over my account and a mistake on their side and not getting any customer service I switched to Verizon. They are awesome and I love the way I am treated when I call in (which is only when I have a blonde moment and cant figure something out not because of a problem with the phone). Anyways when I was with AT&T I had the palm 680 and had become accustomed to the touch screen and some other features. I went to Verizon planning on getting the palm and the sales man told me to try the pearl (even over the full sized BB cant remember the model #) so I did. I ablsolutely love it. I dont even miss the touch screen features because you can do things with such ease on the pearl. I also love the size. Looking back that palm was bulky!
    02-18-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD