I live in an area with no cell service in my house. I have to drive 1/2 mile up the street before service is available. It's a pain, but I've learned to live with it.

I just switched from an ATT Pearl 8100 to the Pearl 8120. When I leave my house it takes 5 minutes before the 8120 indicates that I have cell service, where previously my 8100 would indicate coverage much sooner. If I turn my 8120 off/on, it immediately recognizes that I'm in a coverage area and I can make calls. But if the phone is already on, it still takes 5 minutes for the phone to recognize that cell service is available.

I imagine that the problem is that the phone doesn't search for coverage for several (ie 5) minutes, and I've been unable to find a setting that changes this. I've turned off wi-fi and bluetooth because I thought that might have some impact, but it makes no difference.

Is there a way to increase the frequency of the 8120 scanning for coverage, so that I can use my phone sooner?

Thanks!!!
    04-24-08 02:42 PM
    With Sprint you can resync to the towers by pressing *18. It only takes a few seconds for it to resync if you need to. It sounds like more of a problem with coverage in your area rather than the phone. I think your best bet is to call tech support and ask them.
    04-24-08 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD