I've done everything I can think of. Handheld wipe, full OS reinstall, nothing. The file free was 20,000,000+ bytes free when I got it, so we're all clear there. Any ideas?
    08-28-09 10:59 AM
    Next time it restarts by itself, when it reboots hold the alt key and press L G L G, then look for the first bold line. Select it and see what it tells you. Hopefully there's an app causing this, and the log will point you to it.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 05:38 PM
    Mine started doing this after I recently upgraded the OS to 4.5.0.162. I'm going to try this to see if it's an app. It randomly does a hard reset at least 5 times a day.
    09-01-09 11:03 AM
    here are the lines that are bolded on mine:

a System - System Startup - this one is highlighted in green
    E net.rim.sms - TEfa-0x8000001
    E net.rim.gme - TXNd
    E net.rim.mdp - TEma
    S Java Exception - SecurityException

And advice??? I'm pretty tech savvy, but I have no idea what the first 4 mean. The Java exception was coming from the Blink app. No more colored lights for me.

**Edit: I removed the Blink app and it's restarted twice since. Can't figure it out!
    Last edited by kbutler77; 09-01-09 at 02:29 PM.
    09-01-09 12:04 PM
    here are the lines that are bolded on mine:

a System - System Startup - this one is highlighted in green
    E net.rim.sms - TEfa-0x8000001
    E net.rim.gme - TXNd
    E net.rim.mdp - TEma
    S Java Exception - SecurityException

And advice??? I'm pretty tech savvy, but I have no idea what the first 4 mean. The Java exception was coming from the Blink app. No more colored lights for me.

**Edit: I removed the Blink app and it's restarted twice since. Can't figure it out!
    Here's some debuggers, that may help isolate your problems:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...t-codes-30491/

E net.rim.sms - TEfa-0x8000001 That could be an address book entry issue, when using SMS texting

E net.rim.gme - TXNd Decryption failure. Please regenerate key.

E net.rim.mdp - TEma That appears to be an issue with an IM client in your service book. Are you on BES? They may be blocking it.

S Java Exception - SecurityException That looks like a problem in the application permissions, perhaps Opera Mini

Try deleting your service book, and having it resent. This may clear up a lot of the errors.
    09-02-09 04:31 AM
    Thanks, Wulf. I appreciate the response to those issues!

I've narrowed it down to an SMS problem. It always happens within a few seconds, if not immediately, after I send an SMS text. I just deleted my hubby's contact information from my address book and tried just texting his # and sure enough it's doing a hard reset right now. Earlier this morning I did an event log and there was nothing in bold except for the System Startup that is highlighted in green.

I am at a loss.

**Just did another event log and the only bolded item is the System Startup.
    09-02-09 09:31 AM
    iVant remember which code it is, but there's one to run a diagnostic on your address book. There's probably a corrupt entry in there. If not I'd try redoing the OS, and err, praying.

09-02-09 09:34 AM
    iVant remember which code it is, but there's one to run a diagnostic on your address book. There's probably a corrupt entry in there. If not I'd try redoing the OS, and err, praying.

Thanks! It's the same address book I've had for a year. I didn't start having issues until I upgraded to 4.5 so I'm guessing it's an OS issue and not one I can fix. Oh well. I don't think it would be worth downgrading back to 4.3.

**Edit: As soon as I submitted this post, I looked over and it's restarting again (I was not sending a text). It's almost like it's alive and it seriously knows what I'm thinking...
    09-02-09 09:44 AM
    The addy book could have gotten corrupt in the upgrade process, if it checks out, try a different 4.5 OS.

09-02-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD