Hi,

A few months ago I came into my room to get my phone that was on charge, only to find it off with the red LED blinking in a pattern. I did a battery pull, reinstalled the OS etc. but nothing helps. It now won't connect to Desktop Manager properly nor will it install the OS and just has the red LED blinking when you insert the battery.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it absolutely dead for good???
    09-02-11 05:36 AM
    I'd say take out the battery from the phone and connect it to the PC, see if it goes to a screen with a battery with a red X over it. If it does go, and stay on this screen then the device hardware is functioning properly. Now the issue could be the battery or the OS itself. About the battery see if you can get a replacement battery to test out your device. You would require to investigate into the software part on the device. I'd recommend you to follow these steps.

1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
    2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
    3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
    4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
    5. If prompted, enter your password/pin
    6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)
    7. Allow the update to run without the battery
    8. When it says Waiting for initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
    9. Allow the software to continue the update
    If done correctly, you will have a working Blackberry once again!
    09-02-11 05:53 AM
    Cheers mobibiz. I'll give that a try and see if it works. I've tried it with another battery in the past but still no luck.
    09-02-11 06:49 AM
    4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
    Ok, Desktop Manager won't recognise the phone and just says to reconnect. I've also just tried going through AppLoader but that gets stuck at one point "reconnecting to jvm" and won't go on.
    09-02-11 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD