Hey everyone, I just bought my BlackBerry Pearl 8100 last month and cannot find a free program to hack the BlackBerry so I can upload my own ringtones that I make. I also want to be able to upload my own pictures and videos. I know I'll need to buy a converter (maybe not), but if anyone has information with LINKS to the websites where I can download the program, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    05-20-08 08:37 PM
    You don't need a "hack".
    Plug your berry into your PC and open desktop manager, then media manager, then put the files on your Pearl. I suggest getting a microSD if you're going to put a lot of them, especially if the files are over 30 seconds long.
    If the reason you're asking is because you don't have the DM for some reason, you can find your version easily at blackberry.com.
    Make sure you get the device manager to go with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 08:55 PM
    you can go to google and type in AUDACITY and download that and the lame mp3. encoder then open it up and import a song and crop the selected part that you want to be your ringtone then export as an mp3. and then go to your micro sd card and click blackberry then ringtones and copy and paste the ringtone there and then apply it as your ringtone
    11-10-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD