Any free program to download so I can open a PDF file when I receive one in an email?
    03-03-08 04:33 PM
    Open and edit or just view? I thought you could view them already. I've been using BBSmart so long I forgot.
    BlackBerry - Attachment Services
    03-03-08 05:13 PM
    BeamBerry is great if you need additional viewing resources... it works good.
    03-03-08 05:55 PM
    But BeamBerry is not free. There is an annual fee to use BeamBerry. You should be able to view PDFs using the BlackBerry Attachment Service which is part of the Operating System.
    03-03-08 06:42 PM
    Open and edit or just view? I thought you could view them already. I've been using BBSmart so long I forgot.
    BlackBerry - Attachment Services

Thanks for the link but is there an actual program to download here that gives us all of that??

I too would like PDF, word, and excel vewing...

Thanks,

Jay
    03-03-08 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the link but is there an actual program to download here that gives us all of that??

I too would like PDF, word, and excel vewing...

Thanks,

Jay
    That is off of RIM's website for the 8130. It already can do all of that.
    Go here... BlackBerry - BlackBerry Devices | 8700, 7700, 7520, 7200, 7130, 7100 & Pearl Series Handhelds & Accessories select the model, then features, then wireless email, then attachment viewing.
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 03-04-08 at 04:08 AM.
    03-04-08 04:05 AM
    I think he's referring to other ways of viewing those type of documents other than attachment viewing via an email. Is there a way that we can load them on to the SD card to view them at a later time without going through email? Will the impending release of OS 4.5 that will include Documents To Go allow us to do that?
    03-05-08 11:07 AM
    It's likely that you'll have to pay for Documents to Go, and you'll have to upgrade your OS, and your carrier will have to upgrade their server (or your company if you're on BES). Word and PowerPoint will be available sometime this spring and Excel should be available later this year. Register to be notified at the dataviz site:

Documents To Go for BlackBerry: Word, Excel & PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    03-05-08 11:36 PM
    The only way I've found to have these type of documents on my phone is through E-mail. I haven't seen anyway to save these to the SD card and view them that way. I'm running v4.3.0.97 on my pearl and can view all of the Microsoft products as well as PDF files. When viewing PDF files change the view to view text and you will be able to read the document much easier. Unfortunatly there is no way to edit any of these documents.
    03-06-08 10:34 AM
    heyload2, Basically that what I was trying to convey. But since the OP has not been back since his inquiry, who knows.
    03-06-08 10:42 AM
    yeah, I have been up against this one for a bit. It seems kinda lame to have to email an attatchment to myself so I can read it in my spare time.

I need to read PDFs quite regularly for my job and for my personal leisure.

It should be a foregone conclusion that this (a reader, and a place to store them on the Berry) should be a part of the Blackberry apparatus.
    03-06-08 02:13 PM
    yeah, I have been up against this one for a bit. It seems kinda lame to have to email an attatchment to myself so I can read it in my spare time.

I need to read PDFs quite regularly for my job and for my personal leisure.

It should be a foregone conclusion that this (a reader, and a place to store them on the Berry) should be a part of the Blackberry apparatus.

I'm in the same situation, need to read PDFs all the time. First time Blackberry user since last week and I'm kind of disappointed about the complications of reading Adobe files. I guess these temporary solutions will suffice for now.

By the way, this CrakeBerry is very useful. An easy way of getting answers quickly!! thanks to everyone that participates
    02-20-09 08:35 AM
    I'm in the same situation, need to read PDFs all the time. First time Blackberry user since last week and I'm kind of disappointed about the complications of reading Adobe files. I guess these temporary solutions will suffice for now.

By the way, this CrakeBerry is very useful. An easy way of getting answers quickly!! thanks to everyone that participates
    BeamBerry is the solution. No free options worth using. Using BeamBerry is no extra work, it integrates nicely.

By the way, what the **** is CrakeBerry?
    02-20-09 09:45 AM
    I send the pdf to myself via email, then I click on the pdf, and when i do it comes up with the error "the attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"
    10-29-09 12:18 PM
    if you have the pdf on pc, use adobe to save as text file then save on bb sd card for viewing. works alright for lots of things
    01-30-10 01:12 AM
    Hey, I have found that if you do have Word to go, which I received when I upgraded my OS, you can download a free PDF to Word converter. Convert your PDF document to a Word document then you are ready to go.
    01-30-10 06:09 PM
    if you have the pdf on pc, use adobe to save as text file then save on bb sd card for viewing. works alright for lots of things
    great idea but does not work
    Last edited by diavna; 03-23-10 at 09:12 PM.
    03-23-10 08:34 PM
    Hi has anyone found anything free yet????

I have looked and come up with nothing. This is crazy.

Steve
    03-26-10 06:06 AM
    mrdimpy

i have a program to view pdf, contact me by pm

Gus
    04-16-10 09:03 AM
    Ok I dunno if you guys found a solution to this problem yet cause I couldn't bother reading the entire thread so...

There is a free version of Documents to Go which is what I'm using. It allows you to read Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents stored on your device or Mem. card and I think I edited a word document with it once...

For pdf and eBooks I recomend MobiPocket Reader. It is free essential. How it works is that you download it to your computer and install it and then u can install it on ur phone from the computer (or separately) then you would import ebooks (it supports a few different ebook formats) to the MobiPocket Reader on you computer where it changes it 2 a dif file format and then you sync them to your phone and you're set!
    04-17-10 11:21 PM
    I send the pdf to myself via email, then I click on the pdf, and when i do it comes up with the error "the attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"
    This happened to me after I removed all four East Asian Character support. I re-installed one of them, and got my viewer back.
    05-28-10 05:38 PM
    Ok I dunno if you guys found a solution to this problem yet cause I couldn't bother reading the entire thread so...

There is a free version of Documents to Go which is what I'm using. It allows you to read Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents stored on your device or Mem. card and I think I edited a word document with it once...

For pdf and eBooks I recomend MobiPocket Reader. It is free essential. How it works is that you download it to your computer and install it and then u can install it on ur phone from the computer (or separately) then you would import ebooks (it supports a few different ebook formats) to the MobiPocket Reader on you computer where it changes it 2 a dif file format and then you sync them to your phone and you're set!
    BUT you still can't open PDFs you have on your crackberry.
    06-16-10 01:17 PM
    Okay, let me be the first to say WHAT THE ****?! The PURPOSE of the blackberry is to make email accessable and to facilitate business functions. PDF is relatively standard and yet we are all struggling to get access to PORTABLE Document Format files? Hello?!

Man, RIM or Adobe has us wrapped around the axle. Independent programmers out there....roll call. Let's design a simple, clean viewer please. I need to zoom and move and when I do I don't want the document to get all blurry. What's the use in that?

Jeepers! :-(
    07-28-10 01:55 PM
    I got bleeped? I got bleeped for saying ****? As in heaven and ****?

What the ****?
    07-28-10 01:56 PM
    I can view pdfs just fine with my curve - zoom in, zoom out, pan, whatever. I never downloaded any new software, so I guess it came with the phone.

(have no idea what program is running)
    08-03-10 09:50 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD