Is there an app (preferable free) that will allow me to open pdf files from my email? I get them often from work. Would be great if I could open them. Thanks in advance for any help.
    02-17-09 05:19 PM
    Try BeamReader.
    Native PDF Reader for BlackBerry
    About $20
    Not sure about support for the Pearl.
    02-17-09 05:33 PM
    As godzooky said, BeamReader is the way to go. I receive pdf files daily that I need to open, and I could find no free option that was even remotely useful. BeamReader is excellent. Well worth the $20.

EDIT: No issues using it with the Pearl, either. It has an excellent and easy to use zoom feature. What sets it apart from free options is the clarity of the pdf when you zoom. It remains razor sharp even when zooming way in.
    02-17-09 06:09 PM
    I have pdf to go on my 8110. It's not free. It's good for 1-5 page pdfs, but it takes a long time to load. Sometimes I run out of memory trying to open large files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 08:23 AM
    I usually only have a page or two that need opening. No such thing as "free" haha! It's not like I can't live without ut! No type of reader for it?
    02-19-09 08:36 AM
    I usually only have a page or two that need opening. No such thing as "free" haha! It's not like I can't live without ut! No type of reader for it?
    Twenty bucks really too rich for you? If you have an actual need/desire to open pdf files and actually be able to read them, then BeamReader is, by far, the best, and cheapest, solution.

As I said, I spent a good deal of time looking for a free option, and wish I had just bought BeamReader in the first place and saved myself some time and aggravation.
    02-19-09 05:14 PM
    Well like I stated before I wouldn't use it enough to spend 20. Not worth it to me but thanks peeps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD