So my girlfriend has a pearl and i tried helping her with it and wow i gotta say i couldn't use the thing worth crap. Ive got a bold and have no problems but with her phone around the track ball is that white glowing i dont know thing. Now when your rolling it around its so sensitive that it goes into the browser or whatever it is when you click the left right up or down buttons when really you grazed it. How abouts can u disable that white ring from doing anything.
    02-07-09 07:19 PM
    So my girlfriend has a pearl and i tried helping her with it and wow i gotta say i couldn't use the thing worth crap. Ive got a bold and have no problems but with her phone around the track ball is that white glowing i dont know thing. Now when your rolling it around its so sensitive that it goes into the browser or whatever it is when you click the left right up or down buttons when really you grazed it. How abouts can u disable that white ring from doing anything.
    Having owned a pearl, and my girlfriend does as well, I know personally that the pearl is not a bad device. The phone needs some optimization for sure to get it working better, due to the smaller memory, but thats quite simple. You can change the sensativity on the trackball by going to Options > Screen/Keyboard > Trackball > Sensativity.

Try doing that, and deleting the applications that she wont be using, like password keeper, memo, notes, brickbreaker...etc.
    02-07-09 07:23 PM
    but with her phone around the track ball is that white glowing i dont know thing. .
    Hmmmm....with a description like that I'm failing to see why you can't help her with her pearl

02-07-09 11:45 PM
    The pearl is a great device when used correctly. But you can change the sensitivity of the pearl. So it won't be as sensitive. The lil ring thing has nothing to do with it
    02-08-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD