Maybe there is a way to change this but I don't like how, once I get a missed call/voicemail I get an icon that tells me I have a missed call and then I have to open the missed call folder but that is not all, you next have to open the missed call (so it can be considered 'read') and then have to open the voicemail alert to indicate it has been 'read' and you have to check the voicemail itself, to get the icon to go away. Is there a way to eliminate some of this alerts?
    01-15-08 07:31 PM
    Please, please someone answer this. This problem is the whole reason I came searching for a forum and ended up here.

Oh, btw, this place is great and I've already found a bunch of info.
    01-15-08 07:48 PM
    You can stop messages for missed calls by:

Call Log>Menu>Options>Call Logging>None
    01-15-08 07:57 PM
    that didn't solve the issue. the message folder still is very redundant
    Last edited by Hound Dog; 01-15-08 at 08:11 PM.
    01-15-08 08:05 PM
    You asked
    Is there a way to eliminate some of this alerts?
    my suggestion will eliminate one of the messages. The others can not be eliminated.
    01-15-08 08:18 PM
    so are you saying there is really no fix to this problem?
    01-15-08 08:23 PM
    The BB inherently treats vm and call notifications as messages, this is simply normal behavior for the device, so no there is no "fix".
    01-15-08 08:46 PM
    not the answer that i was hoping for but thank you for all of your help!
    01-15-08 08:57 PM
    that didn't solve the issue. the message folder still is very redundant
    I agree with you, it's very redundant. It's annoying because I like to keep my message folder hidden since I keep my e-mail and SMS seperate. But then I have to un-hide it to erase them.
    01-15-08 09:08 PM
    i'm just glad to hear that i am not the only one that thinks there are too many alerts.
    01-15-08 09:27 PM
    yeah it is a little annoying, you can always once you get in the folder when you are on the date you can click the blackberry button and select mark prior opened
    01-15-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD