I've heard of others having issues syncing outlook contacts (address book) etc. I'm having problems as well. I've done some messing around and was able to transfer any contacts from the phone to outlook express (changed settings in email to disable sharing between outlook/outlook express. But can not transfer from outlook express to the phone? Already upgraded desktop software (both versions same result). Tried earasing CICAL emails in avanced settings/service books.....no help. Any one have a solution for this?

Also, Outlook Express is the option listed in the desktop manager setup utility (NOT "outlook")....why is regular outlook not available...does this have anything to do with it.

Thanks.
    12-09-07 05:04 PM
    I was having a similar problem. What verision of Outlook are you using? what verision of desktop manager?
    12-09-07 06:38 PM
    Outlook 2000 and Desktop Manager 4.3.
    12-10-07 07:51 PM
    Same setup: v4.3 and Outlook 2000

I can't post links because I'm a new user so please replace all '%' with a period in the transformed url's below...

Check out this link:
    www%blackberryforums%com/rim-software/109881-rim-kb-outlook-sync-dm-4-3-a%html

and this one (note what v4.3 does NOT support):
    na%blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/req_4dot3%jsp

and what v4.2 DOES support:
    na%blackberry%com/eng/services/desktop/req_4dot2%jsp
    I'm downgrading to v4.2 and will see if that helps.
    12-18-07 10:19 PM
    Downgrading to v4.2 worked like a charm. I did downgrade both the Device Manager and Desktop Manager. Not sure about Device Manager v4.3 and Desktop v4.2 interactions...
    12-18-07 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD