Hi
    I am looking to buy an 8120 Pearl and will want to be able to sync via usb or bluetooth to my corporate email (exchange and outlook). From waht I have seen this eems to be possible but my question is, if the blackberry is connected via the usb cable will it automatically synchronise with outlook if something changes on either device (like activesync on windows mobiles)?

The reason I ask is because a previous phone I had you had to press a button everytime you want it to do a sync (which is really annoying! )
    04-01-08 08:30 AM
    There is an option in the desktop manager to auto-sync upon connection.
    04-01-08 09:10 AM
    thats good news, does it then stay sync'd whilst connected?
    04-01-08 04:06 PM
    It's not a continuous sync. You enter all your info into Outlook, then connect and sync - it doesn't sync as you type.
    04-01-08 04:14 PM
    sorry, what i mean is, if it is still connected and you enter a new event into your outlook calendar, do you have to press anything to sync this to the blackberry?
    04-01-08 04:26 PM
    You need to use the desktop manager and I think you can sync again. But it will not sync automatically if your BB is already connected to your computer. If you unplug it and plug it back in it will auto sync. But if it is already connected you need to do it manually through the desktop manager. You should have an option for synching. Once in that, you can choose to synch now (I think. Going off of memory right now).
    04-02-08 07:36 AM
    Oh, not so good, missed a trick there I think.
    04-02-08 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD