can this os be used on pearl for verizion? and what would be the purpose of upgrading the os?

-Cristine
    08-27-08 06:35 PM
    Worked for my verizon pearl.

The only differnece I see is having the ability to click Next Song on the media player.

I though I read somewhere that it gives you the ability to see HTML in e-mail but so far mine are just text. (no photos)

Update-I just found this post that anwsers a few questions http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...lackberry.html

Service Books
    BlackBerry Search Results
    Last edited by Rick271; 08-27-08 at 11:12 PM.
    08-27-08 11:01 PM
    Where did you load it from? I'm interested in 4.5 because I need to create and edit docs.
    08-28-08 01:52 AM
    It's not been officially released by verizon but yo can get it here http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...-0-56-a-60453/ just follow this guidehttp://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ now that being said, you should get more familiar with your device before attempting an os update. Search and read the forums and you'll be fine after a little home work. Welcome to CB!
    08-28-08 10:02 AM
    There is more to the 4.5. Such as there are docs to go but if you want to create them then you need to upgrade to premium. The media player is different and for the html e-mails you have to click the BB button to open the full menu once in an e-mail and click download all photos and then you got the photos that you wanted. Tah Dah!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 10:53 AM
    BB maps has also be fixed up a little. wait, youre on Verizon so it don't matter...
    08-28-08 11:37 AM
    BB maps has also be fixed up a little. wait, youre on Verizon so it don't matter...
    Why doesn't it matter? We got BB Maps and Google Maps gives us our GPS and we don't pay for the stupid cheating Verizon whatever it is.
    08-28-08 11:39 AM
    Why doesn't it matter? We got BB Maps and Google Maps gives us our GPS and we don't pay for the stupid cheating Verizon whatever it is.
    My understanding from what i've read on here and heard. Verizon locks up there GPS tighter than fort knox. I didn't mean what i said against you. But, you are still paying for VZNAV in order for GPS to work on youre phone, correct???
    08-28-08 12:12 PM
    My guess is he's referring to the estimated "my location" circle on google maps when your gps isnt active. Not true gps but close.
    08-28-08 03:16 PM
    There is more to the 4.5. Such as there are docs to go but if you want to create them then you need to upgrade to premium. The media player is different and for the html e-mails you have to click the BB button to open the full menu once in an e-mail and click download all photos and then you got the photos that you wanted. Tah Dah!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yes I have HTML email now! but you have to 1st View the e-mail, then select Menu then select Get Images then confirm that you wanted to . You have to do this for each message.

Also note that I had to Resend Service Books to get it to work, and then it only works on new e-mails sent after.
    BlackBerry Search Results
    08-28-08 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD