I am wondering how good the Pearl 8120 is? I am thinking of getting it for the wife. Any input would be great thanks.
    07-26-09 06:04 PM
    I have had a few smart phones with different OS and I can honestly say bb is the best I had, the 8120 is my first bb and I love it, everything just works, it takes a bit of getting used to to text but once your there its a piece of cake, the phone is very sturdy, the camera is very quick at taking pics with a decent end result, all in all I would say its a fantastic phone for beginer bb users, snd more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 06:09 PM
    I have had a few smart phones with different OS and I can honestly say bb is the best I had, the 8120 is my first bb and I love it, everything just works, it takes a bit of getting used to to text but once your there its a piece of cake, the phone is very sturdy, the camera is very quick at taking pics with a decent end result, all in all I would say its a fantastic phone for beginer bb users, snd more

agreed completely. i have the 8130 but im sure theres not much of a difference. i really have no complaints (besides limited memory)
    07-27-09 12:54 PM
    As long as she can get use to the SureType keyboard and do a little memory management, it'll be a great phone. It's got all the usual Blackberry goodness in a small package.
    07-27-09 09:06 PM
    I got mine last October and I have no complaints. It is a great smart phone and has never given me any problems. The new OS is particularly fast and the call quality has been great from the start. The wifi is a great option particularly in remote spots that oddly enough have free wifi but no cell reception. The email is great, it is a blackberry after all. I would say it is a step up up from the curve 8320 but lacks the higher camera, memory and screen res of the upper tier 8900. The size is perfect in my opinion as well.
    07-27-09 09:19 PM
    Yeah, I'd agree. It's my first BB and after a year+ of use my girlfriend is now seriously thinking of getting one. It looks like a "normal" phone, which I like as it's easy to look pretentious with a bigger smartphone if you're not careful. The only drawbacks are usually not BB related- often 3rd party or carrier issues. Bluetoothing embarrassing pictures in the pub can be tricky until you've mastered the security settings, and it would be great if the BT headsets played music but I'd certainly have another.
    07-28-09 03:19 PM
    I used the Pearl before going to the Curve 8900. The Pearl is great. It is a small phone and does so much. My only issue was the small amount of memory on the phone since I like to download a lot applications. It's great for calls, email, texting and surfing.
    07-29-09 12:01 AM
    I can type on it extemely quick, the camera can sometimes amazing pic's you wouldn't believe came from a phone.

It could be a little faster with browsing and as everyone else said the memorry could be better.

Just keep the app's you need and clear the cache when your done browsing and your fine.

07-29-09 09:44 AM
    My girlfriend just got the 8130, and she really likes it. She used to HATE the fact that I had a Curve 8330, said she hated that it makes noises all the time, and I'm always getting alerts and stuff, but after a year she wanted a BB too. When I was playing with her new Pearl, the only complaint that I had was the amount of memory. It's not a huge problem, download Quickpull and set it to reset the device every morning at like 3:00 while you sleep and you won't have to worry about your memory dropping really low. Seems like a good all around solid device!
    07-29-09 02:24 PM
    Thanks for all the post they have helped me alot. I think the wife will be getting it.
    07-29-09 02:35 PM
    It's great as long as you get use to the suretype
    07-29-09 02:39 PM
    i like my 8120. love the suretype. Once i got used to everything, it really is wonderful. and its really girly. i have the Indigo (purpleish)
    07-30-09 08:52 PM
    i like my 8120. love the suretype. Once i got used to everything, it really is wonderful. and its really girly. i have the Indigo (purpleish)
    Hey nothing wrong with a guy owning one I think its awesome. The SureType is some of the best T9ish text format I've ever used. I rarely have to input more words or correct the phone. It feels great in your hands and if you prefer the smaller profile its definitely the right size. Great phone overall.

07-30-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD