I bet this has been discussed before, if so apologies.

Opera is faster, we all know it. But it isn't as friendly as the bb browser.

I have 4.1 and I'm pretty sure its final, not beta. Can I really not paste websites in the address bar? Can I not save links?
    Am I missing something?

I love the fact you can email links with bb browser, why didn't opera do something similiar? I kinda scratch my head at that.

I keep both browsers installed on my lil guy, cause why not! They're both great but if opera integrated some BB browser features it truly would be #1!

Does opera pop out betas frequently? Updates, fixes?
    How about BB? Last OS update was a while ago according to the sticky. Any more in the future, or they moving on from this phone?

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 09:31 AM
    Something else.

Does Opera initially look for .m by default? I have to search this website for its wap or mobile or whatever to use the forums in a nice clean way. Is this Opera being lazy or the CBerry website somehow.

06-27-08 10:36 AM
    I use the BB Browser... and with OS 4.5 is rocks!!

It is much improved over the old version
    06-27-08 10:39 AM
    More:

Can anybody out their phone in stand-by while in opera or use their side button for messages?

06-27-08 10:41 AM
    OS 4.5? I'm a little afraid of messing with foreign OS's

06-27-08 10:42 AM
    I tired opera out for a few weeks. I personally didn't like it that much. Im just going to wait for the official release of OS 4.5 for my phone and see if its any better.

On another side note I have heard rumors that firefox will be releasing a mobile version called fennec. I use firefox on my PC and i am loving the new 3.0 version. its a lot faster then IE7. So if its true im sure there mobile version will be pretty good.
    06-27-08 10:42 AM
    I can't get into opera on the BB... sluggish and pulls some weird rendering stunts. I find that the BB browser is more readable in most cases. I keep opera installed for the odd site.
    06-27-08 10:56 AM
    I use the BB Browser... and with OS 4.5 is rocks!!

It is much improved over the old version
    Not having 4.5, and being terrified to use it, how has the browser improved??

Also, I think that OM vs the native BB browser is a simple matter of personal preference. I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory, and therefore the native BB browser works fine for me. I tried OM, wasn't impressed, and decided not to reinstall it when I got my new device. Some people, however, swear by OM. The trick is just to try out both, and see which works out best for you.
    06-27-08 11:00 AM
    I tried Opera a couple times and never caught on to it. I LOVE the BB broswer in 4.5 - its great!!
    06-27-08 11:03 AM
    Not having 4.5, and being terrified to use it, how has the browser improved??
    It uses a cursor now instead of jumping link to link which a HUGE improvement!

Also, when you use the command "go to" it shows you your bookmarks and some of your history which I find SO helpful.

I think it's way faster too, but that could just be me.
    06-27-08 11:05 AM

Also, when you use the command "go to" it shows you your bookmarks and some of your history which I find SO helpful.

Yes the new browser is much improved, so much so that co-workers who used to swear by opera mobile now use the BB browser.
    06-27-08 11:07 AM
    Wow... cant wait for the new OS for my phone now...I like the BB browser over Opera even on 4.3 because of some of the same reasons mentioned above by other users and it'll be great to have an even better version!
    06-27-08 11:11 AM
    I use the BB browser. It works fine for me.

06-27-08 11:13 AM

Hmm. I have 4.3 on my Curve, and I have all those features, too..... ???

Can't speak on whether it's faster, however.. I wouldn't really know.
    06-27-08 11:13 AM
    I have 4.1 and I'm pretty sure its final, not beta. Can I really not paste websites in the address bar? Can I not save links?
    Am I missing something?
    Either turn off "Auto-complete address input" or select "Insert symbols" (I tihnk that's what it's called) to paste into the OM address area.
    Does opera pop out betas frequently? Updates, fixes?
    How about BB? Last OS update was a while ago according to the sticky. Any more in the future, or they moving on from this phone?
    What's frequently mean to you? I suggest you check the forums and judge for yourself. They are on version 4.1. I think OM has only been around for a couple of years. They do put out betas prior to releases. They have done a few fixes already since 4.1 was released.
    06-27-08 11:14 AM
    Something else.

Does Opera initially look for .m by default? I have to search this website for its wap or mobile or whatever to use the forums in a nice clean way. Is this Opera being lazy or the CBerry website somehow.

Opera Mini is designed to give you a desktop experience on a mobile phone. With that in mind, it does not look for mobile sites. It will run them well, but you usually have to go there youself.
    06-27-08 11:15 AM
    Thanks scottb

I like both browsers to be honest. I prefer Avant Browser to all browsers. Over Opera, Firefox and IE7 (garbage). Its very light on resources and it was multi-tabbed a long time ago. BUT the new firefox does look somewhat nice, I will admit.

06-27-08 01:39 PM

On another side note I have heard rumors that firefox will be releasing a mobile version called fennec. So if its true im sure there mobile version will be pretty good.

agreed. i bet it's going to be great judging by their PC Browser!!
    06-28-08 11:48 AM
    Opera is awesome ... very rarely use the native browser. Looks cleaner when browsing forums or anything at that matter.
    06-28-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD