I'm just coming over from an i760 and Opera Mini is significantly slower on the Pearl than the WM device. Is that just because of the slower processor or am I doing something wrong?
    12-04-07 11:25 PM
    Still having this issue
    12-06-07 12:59 AM
    What do you mean by 'slower?'

pages load more slowly, or the application itself is slow to open?
    I used to have a MotoQ and this is much faster than Opera mini was on that device. Have you tried messing around with the rendering options?

I definitely think the built in browser surfs faster than Opera.. I'm just not impressed with it, and am glad it is free!

PS saw you over at HowardForums!
    12-06-07 01:04 AM
    Check my last post.
    12-06-07 01:20 AM
    What do you mean by 'slower?'

pages load more slowly, or the application itself is slow to open?
    I used to have a MotoQ and this is much faster than Opera mini was on that device. Have you tried messing around with the rendering options?

I definitely think the built in browser surfs faster than Opera.. I'm just not impressed with it, and am glad it is free!

PS saw you over at HowardForums!
    Heya!

By slower, I mean that when I scroll the mouse around with the trackball and the small "zooming" box appears, it kind of jerks around the screen and is not smooth at all. Like - at all.

Granted I'm coming from an i760 - so that might be it. The OMini experience on that phone was a much snappier feeling one, overall.
    12-07-07 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD