I'm interested in getting the Opera Mini for my 8130, but at their site it only lists the 8100 Pear. Will Opera Mini also work with the 8130 Pearl? I'm ok using BB's browser but theres a couple things I would like to do that I can't with the BB browser. I'm a big racing fan and while at work I try to keep up with some live stats. One other function requires Java and windows media player, but I dont' that will will work on a mobil.
    02-22-08 06:50 PM
    im not sure if java and windows media work on opera... i was wondering that too.. although you def. can dl opera mini on the 8130, i have it and it works great! much better than the BB
    02-22-08 07:22 PM
    No java or windows media. Opera I believe is made by apple thus no ms apps will run on it.
    02-22-08 07:26 PM
    No java or windows media. Opera I believe is made by apple thus no ms apps will run on it.
    Opera is NOT made by apple... Apple makes safari. Opera is made by Opera Software ASA
    02-23-08 09:39 AM
    How come when I go to operamini.com it says something about not having a signature And that it might not be safe to download?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-08 09:48 AM
    I get the unsigned message too, just reply Yes to let it install. It cannot be signed for every device available.
    02-23-08 10:40 AM
    I've been running Opera Mini for a few months now on my 8130 Pearl on Verizon. It's safe and runs fine.
    02-23-08 10:48 AM
    Every page I try to load, I get a "trying to access low level network, allow?" message. Is this normal? I just have to click yes, but it can get annoying. Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this as well. Is there a fix?
    02-23-08 09:55 PM
    Every page I try to load, I get a "trying to access low level network, allow?" message. Is this normal? I just have to click yes, but it can get annoying. Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this as well. Is there a fix?
    go to OPTIONS -> SECURITY OPTIONS -> APPLICATION PERMISSIONS

select the application with the issue

click the Blackberry key (options key to left of the pearl)

select EDIT PERMISSIONS and hit the ENTER key

make sure all three options here are set to ALLOW
    02-23-08 10:26 PM
    go to OPTIONS -> SECURITY OPTIONS -> APPLICATION PERMISSIONS

select the application with the issue

click the Blackberry key (options key to left of the pearl)

select EDIT PERMISSIONS and hit the ENTER key

make sure all three options here are set to ALLOW
    Everything is set to allow under Opera, but it still asks. That is kinda annoying, but not a big deal.
    02-23-08 10:48 PM
    Of course java applications work on BB... just google 'free java phone games' or whatever and as long as it ends in .jar and isn't for some crazy phone it will run...

every old nokia game will run, a lot of newer ones will too... I had Age of Empires III for a while..
    02-23-08 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD