When connecting to crackberry or other websites using Opera Mini 4, I keep getting a message saying "The application has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this? yes or no" I click yes and it takes me to the website. I'm just wanting to know if I should be getting this message?

Thanks
    Joe
    01-13-08 08:22 PM
    As far as I know yes. I get it all the time as well. I would say that is normal. I bet there is a way to turn it off though. Gonna check in to it a bit.
    01-13-08 11:55 PM
    Even giving OM full permissions doesn't prevent that message. On the bright side, it only asks once per session, unlike OM on most AT&T phones, which make it ask every time a connection is made.
    01-14-08 07:35 AM
    Thanks for the info, I thought I did something wrong.
    01-14-08 07:46 AM
    I have yet to find a way to turn that off. Of course, I haven't asked Opera for an answer, either.
    01-14-08 08:49 AM
    Please be advised, while this is nice for browsing some security concerns have me not using this for some sites.

From [http]://www.operamini.com/help/faq/#security"]Opera Mini FAQ
    Is there any end-to-end security between my handset and — for example — paypal.com or my bank?

No. If you need full end-to-end encryption, you should use a full web browser such as Opera Mobile.

Opera Mini uses a transcoder server to translate HTML/CSS/JavaScript into a more compact format. It will also shrink any images to fit the screen of your handset. This translation step makes Opera Mini fast, small, and also very cheap to use. To be able to do this translation, the Opera Mini server needs to have access to the unencrypted version of the web page. Therefore no end-to-end encryption between the client and the remote web server is possible.
    01-14-08 08:57 AM
    Or it could not recognize my phone...

Either way, I was not able to download Opera Mini 4 to my phone. I'm an AT&T customer. Is anyone else having a problem with AT&T and Opera Mini?
    01-14-08 01:11 PM
    Download the generic Advanced MIDP 2 version.
    01-14-08 01:46 PM
    Ok, I got it, but I am not sure of its merits, yet. Of course I am such a newbie....
    01-14-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD