I tried the alt cap lock trick too and it still stays up in the corner. This just recently started. Thanks for the help!
    01-07-08 04:59 PM
    Press the ALT key again.

If nothing removes, try rebooting the BB.
    01-07-08 05:03 PM
    I get this after a hard reset. By process of elimination I've found that going to my address book solves the issue.
    01-07-08 05:55 PM
    What is the NUM lock and why would one want to use it. I've had problems at Washington Mutual's Banking site that says the NUM lock or CAPs lock is on. I see the password as it's typed in correctly, but the site still gives that error. What's going on???
    01-07-08 06:10 PM
    What is the NUM lock and why would one want to use it. I've had problems at Washington Mutual's Banking site that says the NUM lock or CAPs lock is on. I see the password as it's typed in correctly, but the site still gives that error. What's going on???
    The NUM or number lock key is there so if you need to enter a long string of numbers you don't have to keep hitting the Up/Down key. To active this, hold down the # key and press the up/down key. Look in the upper right corner, do you see NUM? If so then the lock is on. to deactivate hit the Up/Down key.
    As to your issue with the web site, could be something on there end.
    01-07-08 06:15 PM
    I use num lock when entering things like cc# into websites...bank account # into online banking. For me its better than alt-then the number, alt-then the number, etc.

I rarely use caps lock unless I'm yelling at someone.
    01-07-08 06:16 PM
    I just had this happen after shutting down and taking out the battery to put on my BSE (awesome BTW!)....

I just turned off the BB, waited 30 secs and turned it back on. Worked like a charm!
    02-15-08 03:07 PM
    I have same problem but worse because it means that I can't enter my password. Any ideas appreciated.
    03-27-09 05:35 AM
    same here - NUM lock is on, so I cannot enter my password.
    please, help !!!
    02-01-10 11:58 AM
    Did anyone solve this problem with numlock on when prying to enter a PIN CODE?

Am in same situation. Have tried hard reset (removing battery) but doesn't seem to work...can anyone help as I cannot get through the pin code, so can't use my Blackberry...1st day I've had it as well...PLEASE help if you can...boohoo!!!

Thanks in advance.
    02-12-10 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD