This is the 3rd time it happens. Without warning, my 8130 deletes all of my SMS messages and does not allow me to receive any either. It also told me that I have 2 missed calls, but when I go to see who they're from, that info isn't there either. Only my email messages survive. It seems like the only way to fix it is to take out the battery and put it back. Has anybody had a similar problem? Is there a way to stop this?
    01-14-09 08:39 AM
    Check out this link to help you. And welcome to CB!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    01-14-09 09:26 AM
    This is the 3rd time it happens. Without warning, my 8130 deletes all of my SMS messages and does not allow me to receive any either. It also told me that I have 2 missed calls, but when I go to see who they're from, that info isn't there either. Only my email messages survive. It seems like the only way to fix it is to take out the battery and put it back. Has anybody had a similar problem? Is there a way to stop this?
    My wife had the same problem with her 8830. When Cellcom support had her check free memory, it was "0", which was what was causing her SMS messages to appear & disappear. She removed unused applications, changed options to retain messages, SMS and calendar events for 30 days. I also upgraded her Berry to newer software version, which helped as well.

There are numerous informative threads here on memory optimization, just search and you'll find

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD