I don't know whats going on, but I have to pull my battery out to reset my phone 2 or 3 times a day! I can send a text, only to see it dissapear. And get sent a text, but never recieve it. My Wife has one and we use the Berry Messanger and sometimes when we text one another, we get the alert but not the message. I can look in my normal text and see the headline, but click it on and it takes me to my Berry messanger with no text. I can pull my battery out and reinsert it and after waiting for the long reload time, the text will appear, but all other texts are gone. I was told by ALLTEL to get a memory card, so I did...2g....but it didn't help! What is going on? Is there an update that I need or something??? If so...how do I go about doing that? Thanks for any and all help!
    10-23-08 03:04 PM
    10-23-08 03:07 PM
    Is sounds like a memory. Could you confirm your file free. Go to Options>Status

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 03:10 PM
    Sounds like low memory. Try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...-memory-34633/

10-23-08 03:10 PM
    Free up memory? I shouldn't have to with a memory card right? I don't have much on my phone.
    10-23-08 03:12 PM
    Is sounds like a memory. Could you confirm your file free. Go to Options>Status

File Free = 3820082Bytes
    10-23-08 03:14 PM
    You have 3.8mb free which is very low and the reason your messages are deleting before you can read them. The device is trying to free up memory itself and your messages and call logs are being removed.

Definately read the links the others have provided.

10-23-08 03:18 PM
    I use my memory card. Put your pics and ringtones on it. Your memory is low. I assume you are on os 4.3. You need a minimum of 12 000 000 bytes to keep your pearl running at its best. Follow my link http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...-memory-34633/ to free up your memory and do get the memory card.

10-23-08 03:21 PM
    Free up memory? I shouldn't have to with a memory card right? I don't have much on my phone.
    the memory card ahs nothing to do with it. Yes you can move pictures and the ringtones that you download to the card, but the card itself wont free up any memory
    10-23-08 03:21 PM
    As the others have stated you want to use the sd card to store your pics, music, videos etc. You can set the BB to store any photos you take direct to the media card rather than the device memory. Open up the camera application and press menu>options. Scroll down to "store pictures" and select media card.

The main thing is don't give up on your BB , your problem is fixable

10-23-08 03:27 PM
    Ok...I will try deleting some apps. And see if that helps. Thanks for the help and I will let ya's know if it helps.
    10-23-08 03:27 PM
    Smiley3fan, start with some of the more straight forward suggestions on Reed's Memory Optimization Guide and that will make a big difference. If you have not done so already delete the sample video. Also open up your media icon, press menu and select options. Under General set the device limit to the lowest amount you can . Do the same for reserved picture memory.

Good luck.

10-23-08 03:36 PM
    Ok...I will try deleting some apps. And see if that helps. Thanks for the help and I will let ya's know if it helps.
    Don't go start deleting apps! You might be able to actually use some of them. You asked for help and people posted links to fix your problem. Just follow those and do what they say. This prob/question comes up on the forums about 20 times a day.
    10-23-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD