There are a few websites that offer 3gp downloads. I have been able in the past to download any video under 5mb with the browser that came with my blackberry. I ended up loading Opera Mini and was able to download much larger files, largest to date 36.9mb. With Opera Mini I was given a choice of where to save the file. When I picked SD card/folder the download started. I was able to do this for about two weeks then all of a sudden it stopped. When I say stopped I mean if I try to download any 3gp file I get 403 forbidden! Regardless of size no download! The only thing I have done with the handset is install verizons IM. Any one help me on this one?
    07-08-08 01:21 PM
    Hi and welcome. I will check this.
    07-08-08 01:29 PM
    I almost think Verizon has blocked access from downloading from the site. I tried another 3gp site I had never tried before and it worked! Will a carrier do that?
    07-08-08 01:32 PM
    By the way thank you for such a quick response.
    07-08-08 01:33 PM
    Figured it out last night. Under security options my TLS Default was set to Proxy. I changed it to Handset and my downloading has resumed. Rock on!
    07-09-08 08:08 AM
    Rubicon,

Thanks for the info. I have changed my TLS settings as well as I had encountered that particular issue in the past 2 weeks. I had to copy urls and redirect everything through a vtunnel to continue downloading things. Needless to say, it was a hassle.

Thanks for fixing that for me.

Dm
    07-09-08 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD